The Naruto RPG

The Naruto Text Based Role Playing Game
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:58 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:14 am 

The high mountain air is thin - this makes breathing difficult and the atmosphere cold. It feels wet even though there is no precipitation, adding to the discomfort in the wide arena. The entire place is hard stone carved out of the mountainside for this purpose, presumably done with Ninjutsu. The area is an arena in an oval, at its longest point one hundred meters and its widest point fifty meters. The arena has large walls on all sides, and spectator stands surround the outside. What looks like a comfortable skybox houses VIP's and village leaders. Probably. The rules were announced previously. Don't kill each other. Don't destroy the arena. Don't endanger the spectators.

((OOC: Spectators may post here watching whichever fight interests them))

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:23 am 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

"First round bye? What a drag! I was really looking forward to getting out there early and showing everyone what we've got!" the Inuzuka complained from his seat in the stands. Ame sat next to him, tongue lolled to the side and panting slightly from the high altitude. The teen reached a hand up to pat the dog's back, scratching him lightly, "Oh well, can't be helped huh boy? At least it means we fight the stronger team next round right? We wouldn't want to fight a team that lost round one anyway. We've got people to impress!" The ninken turned his head and licked his best friend's face, causing Faulkner to laugh heartily. "Yeah, I'm excited to see what the other teams can do too. We haven't even really seen what the other kids from the village are capable of and we have two teams fighting this round. Let's root for 'em with all we got, yeah?"

Ijutsu Major

Strength: Proficient (Masterful w/Taijutsu)
Constitution: Proficient
Stamina: Proficient
Reflexes: Masterful (Epic w/Taijutsu)
Coordination: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient

Ame:
Strength: Masterful
Reflexes: Masterful
Coordination: Masterful

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:03 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

The Hyuuga wasn't exactly amused by the fact that he wasn't fighting yet. He kind of wished he had had a real Sensei assigned to him before these exams, but he supposed Clan Politics had kept him too busy to really request one. Ryuhei had been honing his Gentle Fist skills in preparation for these exams, and he looked forward to showing Konohagakure what he could do. He intended to show up all the Uchiha in these exams, to prove that the Hyuuga bloodline was the strongest.

Looking for seats - he noticed an Inuzuka from his village (a trait he picked up by the lad's animal companion clueing to his identity) sitting. If he remembered right a Inuzuka was supposed to be paired up with him for these exams or something. Calmly walking up... the boy spoke rather nonchalantly, asking the boy directly without any introduction, "I'm sorry... are you Faulkner?"

His white eyes stared at him seriously, waiting for some kind of response.

• Stamina: Proficient (+2 Tai)
  • Dexterity: Proficient (+3 Tai)
  • Agility: Masterful (+1 Tai)
  • Wisdom: Proficient

FS: Tai Spec
    Byakugan Level 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 am 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

Fame: 0
After having gotten settled in the little makeshift town that had essentially popped up overnight on the previously lonely mountain, Rei had made her way to the arena. A brief pause at the food stands, various smells of fried food, oil, and sugary drinks filled the air. The girl stood in line for concessions, turning down an offer for her meal to be bought for her and purchasing a few skewers of beef marinated in some supposedly spicy sauce, an extremely large bottle of some sports drink, and a couple of fried strips of chicken. Piling the food in a basket and clutching it as well as her small money pouch, she maneuvered up the stone stairs and into the stands.

Not particularly wanting to draw too much attention to herself, the girl found a spot near a couple of boys she recognized as having been from Konoha, and leaned back against a pillar, letting her teeth capture some of the beef and tear it from the skewer. Too much chili oil and cayenne filled her taste buds, but underneath it, the beef was not a bad cut. Too bad. She chewed, watching the matchup silently.

Stats:
Str: Proficient
Con: Masterful
Sta: Legendary
Coo: Legendary (Godlike with Taijutsu)
Ref: Legendary (Godlike with Taijutsu)
Wis: Legendary (Godlike with Fuuinjutsu)

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year
Before the world starts to end

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:02 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

The first person was finally entering the arena, some girl with similar colored hair and glasses. The Inuzuka could make out that she also seemed to have markings on her face similar to the ones his clan wore, though they weren't red. Turning to Ame he tilted his head, "She looks like she could almost be a relative." The ninken yipped in response but was drowned out by the girl's boisterous claim of kicking butt because she couldn't spit fire. Again, Faulkner felt a similarity between them, he also liked fighting and couldn't breathe fire. The boy stood and cheered for the spunky girl, feeling some kind of instant camaraderie with her.

A shadow fell over him as he sat back down and looked up to see a milky-eyed kid looking at him. He was either blind or a Hyuuga, or both, who could know really? The boy spoke up, asking if Faulkner was indeed himself. Blinking stupidly for a moment, he finally shook his head and grinned, "Yeah, I'm Faulkner and this is Ame. I guess that probably makes you Ryuhei, right? Sucks we didn't get to fight this round but hey, at least it means were a step closer to the finals."

During this time a few of the Kumogakure Genin appeared, a tall guy and then some short girls. They seemed to be pretty teamwork oriented, that or they were at least pretty good friends. That reminded the older teen that he still didn't know who his teammates other than the newly introduced Ryuhei were or how they fought. Probably a pretty bad place to learn about each other but hey, Kanari had decided it. Maybe his brain was as mushy as his mouth after all?

Two more Genin showed up, this time from the Smoke Village. Some little tiny girl who couldn't be double-digit aged and a guy who stayed completely silent. The Smoke team, Team Sano apparently, had four people on it, similar to his own. The fourth had yet to come out but Faulkner was certain he'd show up sooner rather than later.

A redhaired lassy ended up standing close to Faulkner, Ame, and Ryuhei. The Inuzuka recognized her as a Jounin of his village named Rei Uchiha. He waved in an attempt to gain her attention and would then invite her to sit with the three of them. They were from the same village after all, they should at least cheer together. Should she come or not, Faulkner would ask to those near him, "So who do you put your money on for the first round? The Kemuri team has four members but one fo them is a baby, so I'll put my money on the Kumo team! That one dude looks pretty buff, don't you think?" He wanted to cheer for the girl that felt familiar to him, but he couldn't help feeling that the baby on her team would hold her back, what a shame.

Ijutsu Major

Ame:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:47 pm 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

Rei continued to eat her overly-spiced, cheap meal, picking one leg up and placing her foot against the pillar she leaned upon as she studied the combatants down below. Each brought their own abilities and personalities that they planned on showing off, it seemed - it was nice to see so many energetic young people...though there were a lot of late bloomers, too, that could be around her age. Finished with one skewer of beef, she set the stick in the small basket her chicken had come in, and picked up one of the fried chicken strips before she felt eyes on her, as well. Suddenly feeling a little self-conscious, she stood and glanced around. Oh, it was one of the Konoha boys waving to get her attention. She didn't know him, but he was young and seemed like a candidate for a Genin ready to move into Chuunin, himself. Realizing that here in the international scene it might be a good idea to keep up her usual facade of spunky, slightly selfish cheer, the girl pushed away from the pillar and moved over to sit near the pair.

Folding her skirt underneath her, she sat next to Faulkner with a smile, though a slight jolt of irritation and pain jarred her concentration for a second. The cut across her stomach hadn't been healed, and she'd been too low on chakra to really want to use the Mystical Palm on such a minor wound. Still, it stung when she moved the wrong way, wrapped or not. He was addressing the other boy, so she politely crossed her long legs in the cold mountain air and glanced up at Ryuhei, herself. A hand absently slid down to the Ninken at their side, questing to scratch behind the ears.

((OOC: This post is in no way meant to skip anyone, just that dialogue and social posting doesn't really require an order, and I was bored))

Stats:

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:14 am 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

((OOC: This post is meant in every way to skip someone))

As the TOTALLY BLACK-haired Uchiha sat next to him her hand reached out to pet Ame. The mistake was made. The ninken was a rather strong spirit but he did have two noticeable weaknesses: cute girls (check) and scratches behind the ears (soon-to-be check). The pup happily let the Jounin scratch him, eyes shutting slightly from the euphoria. Faulkner couldn't help but roll his eyes, "Sorry about him, he's always like this when a girl is around." Usually the dog would yip or bark in protest, but Rei was mechanically the prettiest girl so there wasn't even a reason to fight back.

The fight had started it seemed, the Inuzuka taking note of the proctor and how he began the fight. His own fight would happen soon enough, might as well relax and enjoy the show right? The tattooed girl began the fight, seeming to dance and juggle. It was a ...strange way to fight but she seemed into it. Smoothly she launched a simple attack with shuriken and clones. Faulkner felt a little envious, his own movements were much less elegant though she seemed to lack the punch he did. The second man to act was in fact, the first man to have appeared. Jaw dropped as he created some kind of tail of metal causing Faulkner to jump to his feet and look down at Rei, "Wow! What is that?! Rei-sama, have you ever seen anything like that before?!" As he exclaimed the next to act was the baby on the Smoke's team. Faulkner was beginning to take his seat again when she suddenly disappeared from sight; an uncanny likeness to when he had fought Kanari. She appeared on the other side of the arena instantly and seemed to take a strike at every single one of them.

Faulkner shakily fell to his rear in the stands, his hands trembling, "What...what was that?"

Ijutsu Major

Ame:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:35 am 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

Lips curled into a smile as she was addressed, and Faulkner excused Ame's behavior. She shrugged and shook her head. "I don't mind," she replied, letting her thumb rub up under and around the canine ear in question and nails scratch across the top of his head. Her other hand reached up with chicken strip in hand, and she crunched into the chicken, chewing slowly as she watched the fight below unfold. Her head tilted slightly at the foreign ninja's transformation even as Faulkner jumped up from his seat, causing the cool air to move in their vicinity.

"I don't know. It could be some transformation or Kekkei Genkai, I suppose..." she said, leaning in and letting her eyes slip over to the youngest of the combatants. Part of her purpose here, she supposed, should be to scout the talent of the foreign competitors. She was about to look up at Faulkner and make a joke or comment about his excitable nature when the girl she had focused upon seemed to gather her power and charge into the fight. She followed the movements with her eyes, narrowing them slightly as she did so. I doubt she could keep that up for long. A somewhat foolish gamble. Her speed is being enhanced by her techniques - can she track a counter, or is her vision tunneled?

"She's trying to end the fight quickly," Rei replied, sitting up again instead of leaning and causing her skirt to ride up slightly. "Think you could respond to that attack?"

Stats:

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:22 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

The momentary shock of it washed off as the Uchiha asked him if he could dodge the attack. A confident grin spread on his face, "Of course, Ame and I could when we're going full out. I bet you anything I hit harder though, she moves fast but I don't think she'd win a fist fight with us." The dog yipped once, a feat in an of itself given his current situation. The Inuzuka was no slouch in speed or strength himself, mostly the latter, but he definitely would have an issue keeping up should the two square off later. That's what Ame was for though, right? To help him in situations like that. He had the advantage of never going to battle alone, and for that he was grateful.

"Why do you think she's trying to end the fight quickly though? They already have the numbers advantage? Maybe it's a mercy thing or does she think they won't win a prolonged fight?" he mused aloud. Maybe the baby knew she couldn't keep up a fight or maybe she needed to take a nap? Either way it was impressive if not somewhat unnecessary. He noted that if they were to fight, he would show her the same courtesy of going all out from the gates.

Ijutsu Major

Ame:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 pm 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

His grin reminded her of Shingen, and she nodded, letting her eyes fall onto his arms and chest before going back up to his face. It was a silent compliment, subtle only to those around them and not quite so subtle to him. The dog's agreement had her laughing slightly, moving her hand around under his chin to scratch at his neck. "Well, that's a relief. You two look strong - I'd hate to be disappointed," she replied, finishing her chicken and wiping her fingers on a small paper napkin.

"Well, she's either showing off - which is a high possibility - or she doesn't have the staying power. Before she activated those techniques, her chakra flew up in an aura around her," she said, pointing at the girl and indicating the visible chakra. "These are certain tenketsu being opened that change life force into energy. The pressure points of Harm, and I believe...Death. When manipulated in a certain fashion, they increase your energy, but only for a short while before you're left in a weakened state. The smart thing to do here would be to try and outlast her."

Stats:

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:33 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

A boyish grin crossed the Inuzuka's face, he wondered if it was obvious that he was actually as strong as he was. His muscles didn't really show it but he could hit harder than like, legendary people could.

Rei spoke like a true Jounin, assessing the situation masterfully. "Oh, that technique? I know it too, feels really good when it starts, really bad when it stops. Do you think those three can outlast though? Other than the big guy, the other two seem kind of meek. I was looking forward to seeing what everyone could do, but that little girl decided to steal the show I guess. The one with glasses and the weapons, what do you think of her then?"

This was done IC for OOC reasons but seemed to fit into the situation so Faulkner found a way to ask it. Rei was probably the second strongest in Konoha, maybe even able to fight Kanari on even ground, her opinion meant a lot.

Ijutsu Major

Ame:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:49 pm 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

She nodded, leaning back a little while keeping her hand on Ame's head. "Ninja are trained to sense danger - you've felt it, too, right? That little prickling in the back of your mind, telling you that something is off?" she asked, brushing the fur on the back of the ninken's neck upward a bit in demonstration, ever so lightly. "They have a chance to respond with a defense. They're probably not quick enough to get fully out of the way, but there are a variety of techniques designed to dissuade an attacker, and they can be activated quite quickly." Rei uncrossed, then crossed her legs again, setting the other few skewers of meat aside - they just weren't really that good. At his question, she let her blue gaze slide to the girl in question.

"Oh? Good eye. She seems good with her hands,"
the Uchiha teased, giving him a pretend knowing look. "Weapons users generally have a distinct advantage over other types of close combat people with a healthy mix of mid range capability as well. She looks like she thinks she has something to prove, too - beyond the obvious."

Stats:

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:49 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

"Yeah, I felt that before, right before Kanari-sama hit me with his bo staff. Say, he talks pretty funny yeah? He told me I should eat more protein and then knocked me over. What a weird day that was." Rei again showed how much more experience she had, remembering off the top of her head that there were ways to counter or dissuade rather than simply dodge. The Inuzuka didn't know what he would do in their position, probably just try and punch something as hard as he could.

The look she gave him after starting her answer to his previous question confused him. Tsume was like, thirteen and Faulkner was seventeen, unless it was an OOC look in which, well played. "Sucks the rest of her team probably won't get to do much, since that small one is likely to suck all the fun out of the fight. Shame, I really wanted to see what everyone could do!"

Ijutsu Major

Ame:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:07 pm 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

The age difference wasn't really noted - they were all kids, though if it had been noted (or even looked up okay this exams save for like three people is for all the *old* Genin) the teasing comment probably still could have made sense as a way to suggest he liked younger girls, which would no doubt be embarrassing, too, if taken seriously, or at least you know made sense. Narration aside, she shrugged and nodded. "He gets his point across," she replied. In truth, she preferred her interaction with the Hokage to include written notes or interpretive messengers, but there was no reason to say so. After all, anyone could hear them out here and it wouldn't do to dwell on the faults of their leader. They were acknowledged and known, and that was that.

"I can agree that it is a very show-stealing thing to have done, but she can't be older than ten years old. Whoever trained her imparted a sense of strength without a sense of maturity or responsibility," Rei continued, admonishing the foreign ninja slightly. "I don't blame her. I blame whoever was remiss in her education." The girl sat back, and then glanced up to the skybox where the village leaders were supposed to be, along with the Jounin team leads. She wondered if Saizo was being missed right now. He was supposed to have arrived earlier - it didn't seem as though any alert was had, however. Perhaps they figure that until the other Kage were present that there was no suspicion to be had. The girl pointed to what she surmised was the largest competitor. "What about him? Think he'll have a chance to show any skill? Oh, maybe this is their plan - hide their team's abilities as much as possible by letting one member go all-out at a time."

Stats:

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:33 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

The way Rei described the young girl was a lot like how Faulkner felt about himself before his training with Kanari. He was all sinew and no control, but the Hokage had literally beaten that out of him, or into him, depending on how you wanted to take it. He was still unsure who would be involved in his education and should Rei see him go full force, would she think the same things? Who knew, it was one of those hypotheticals that could only be answered when the time came.

She pointed out to the guy who had yelled about his fists not being gay and being the champion of some gym. He definitely fit the meathead beefcake build. "He's definitely loud enough, that's a skill itself. I don't know who Al is either but if what he said was true he's a two time reigning champ, that probably means something at least." The Uchiha Jounin went on to guess that maybe the plan for the Kemuri team was to hide their true power behind the small girl's showy display. The Inuzuka laughed and clapped his knee, "You know, that's really smart if that's what they're doing, I never would've thought of that. I need to get better at being tricky, Ame and I are really straightforward fighters so we think straightforwardly too!"

Ijutsu Major

Ame:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:24 pm 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

Rei nodded. "Straightforward isn't bad. In Taijutsu, often the greatest power comes from moving in a straight line. Many philosophies agree that it is the superior form, as your momentum is not broken. Circular martial arts are passive and predicate upon accepting an attack," she said, not naming the specific art which was known best in Konoha as being circular, Jyuken. "While they might be quite good about waiting and outlasting an opponent, in general these arts are only truly successful if the practitioner is already leagues above their opponent." She made a circle with one hand, finger pointing toward the ground, and then with her other darted through the circle to smash into the pointing finger. "There's no two ways about it. All things being equal, the spear actually defeats the shield."

This...honestly this conversation wasn't too bad. She hadn't really had a lot of time to talk to people, nor had she ever had a desire to teach, but...this wasn't bad. She wasn't really molding the youth of tomorrow, just imparting knowledge. Initially, this had just been part of the character she'd created for herself in settings such as these, but she was actually finding a bit of pleasure in it.

Stats:

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:51 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

The way Rei spoke about things, it was both enlightening and awe-inspiring. She seemed so well spoken and informed on things, it was really nice to get to just sit down and talk to her. She spoke of straight and circular fighting styles and the boy's eyebrows shot up. "I wonder where the Inuzuka fall on that. We move straight with circular motion, are we the best of both worlds or the worst of both worlds? I'd like to think the former myself but I'm probably a bit biased." He listened as she continued, throwing motion into her description. The visual aid really helped to drive her point home and Faulkner could almost envision the scenario she presented.

"Is that always the case? Can the shield ever stop the spear though, or will defense always be outmatched by offense? If someone had the ultimate defense and someone had the ultimate offense, which force would win? My gut says the offense, as eventually you have to attack to win right?" Ame wriggled in the Uchiha's hand before lying down and resting his head in Jounin's lap. Faulkner's eyes bugged out, "I'm, uh, I'm so sorry!"

Ijutsu Major

Ame:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:14 pm 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

The ninken managed to slip over close enough to lay his head in her lap. There were very few things that could make Rei genuinely smile, but the feeling of this creature - though overwhelmingly intelligent where it came to animals in general and likely particularly cunning to most people as well - simply laying his head down upon her caused her eyes to crinkle slightly in joy, lips spreading wider. Maybe she should get a dog.

"It's not a problem at all," she said with a soft laugh, clearly pleased. "Ah, I believe I know the basics of your style - you're using circular momentum while propelling forward. I would not presume to understand everything about the Inuzuka fighting principle, but what I think is..." she said, letting her hand rest upon Ame's head once more and gently stroke his fur back and down his neck. "That you're using a principle most people impart upon weapons. To spin is to bring greater piercing power upon your strike, in your case. Yours is still a very straightforward style, I would not count it as 'soft' or 'circular' necessarily. The Strong Fist style, which I employ, also includes certain spins in order to increase momentum. I believe that your assessment is correct, however - a shield alone is a useful tool, but without an attacking art, it will lose."

Stats:

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:53 am 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

"Yeah. I suppose that's just destiny. We'll get our shot soon, and we'll show them all what we have!" he proclaimed with a grin. "Hello Ame. It's nice to meet you, doggo~" he said softly before scratching the top of his head gently.

"This'll be a good chance for me to analyze the enemy's abilities...," he said before his white eyes grew veins extending to the skin just outside of his sclera. The Byakugan would allow him to analyze many things about their opponents. Their chakra levels, any chakra abnormalities, whether or not they were using genjutsu, and many other features.

Then the Uchiha Jounin came along... and Ryuhei was silent. He wasn't much for socializing with them. It was amplified with Rei, as a veiled attraction to an admittedly gorgeous girl had to be blocked by focusing on his loathing of her clan. It was the only way to avoid crushing on a woman who would be his enemy.

When the little girl came out from Kemurigakure, he scoffed. Another Uchiha. While Rei and Faulkner conversed about the legitimacy of her actions - Ryuhei blurted out "She's a fool. That linear movement makes it easy to counter. If any of them have even the slightest intelligence then they would launch an attack for her to run into. I could definitely hit her while she's running blindly like that, and with the body flicker activated she won't have the time to cancel the technique and get out of the way,"

Though he wasn't directly responding to the Uchiha Jounin - he was listening to what she had to say (despite his eyes dead set focused on the matches). The knowledge she was offering was invaluable to him - and would help him should they have to fight this group.

They then began to talk about taijutsu styles. At least Rei acknowledged that the Jyuken style was just as potent as the Strong Fist, though Ryuhei would argue that the former was much more deadly. "The Gentle Fist is about finesse and precision. It doesn't matter how beefy our opponents are- we can disable them if we hit them with enough strikes. The trick is actually being fast and precise enough to actually hit our opponents though. That's why Hisoka-san and I are agile type fighters. We try to work our way around an opponent's defenses until we can set up our assaults and devastate our opponents chakra points," he chimed in again.

As much as he disliked the Uchiha - Rei was at least only mildly irritable. Maybe she was just less annoying than the rest of her clan... Ryuhei continued to watch the matches with interest.

Byakugan Level 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:46 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

What a massive amount of information to take in. Both Ryuhei and Rei were much more knowledgeable about fighting than he was. He was pure instinct when he fought. Maybe he should sit down and read up on fighting styles later down the line? That, or he could just continue to be a beyblade and punch things as hard as he possibly could. That definitely seemed easier than cracking a book. Books had words and words were hard. You couldn't punch words, couldn't break them. Man, fuck words on the real.

Ryuhei was talking about setting up an easy counter, by just throwing an attack out for the small girl to run into. That was actually so smart. All of them had longer reaches than the girl and as the Hyuuga stated she had to move in a straight line to maintain the speed. He would have to keep that in mind if his team went against the Kemuri team next round. The ninken began to doze off while in Rei's lap, jowls fluttering softly as he snored. The Inuzuka stared at his pal, dumbfounded at how comfortable he had gotten around a stranger. Usually the dog was completely against things like this. Was probably because mechanically, Rei was the prettiest.

"Yeah, I guess that's accurate. We turn out bodies into weapons by spinning really fast and attacking wildly. Speaking of wild, that guy with the buttsword sure does look like he doesn't belong in shinobi world, huh?" Faulkner said as the monster's roar filled the arena. It was strange seeing something so alien so close, "He's got uh, six arms now? And three faces. This isn't real right? I'm being pranked?"

Ijutsu Major

Ame:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:22 pm 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

"There's nothing that says agility and strength cannot work in tandem," Rei replied, stroking the swooning dog's head absently. She watched the fight with only a passing interest - the speedy girl wasn't exactly making it interesting. At least, not until there was a proper response, the Kumo Genin with the strange tail-like weapon transforming into a gigantic humanoid...thing. She leaned forward despite herself, eyes widening. Just what is *that* thing? she pondered inside her head, lips parting a bit. It certainly didn't look safe, roaring with a type of primal violence that she thought reserved only for beasts. Should I prepare to respond?

Despite the couple cries and screams from the crowd and a general want for most of them to get away from the arena, the Uchiha didn't feel it prudent to interrupt the fight. "I...honestly don't know. I've never seen this before," she replied truthfully, analyzing the next moves.

Stats:

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:35 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

For the first time Rei was as clueless as he was. Good, it was nice to know the wasn't omniscient, not that he thought she was. It was more like, Schrodinger's Omniscience. As she leaned forward, Ame shifted his head around not wanting to wake up just yet. The Inuzuka thought for a moment, his finger tapping against his knee, "I guess I can't really be too shocked. Ame and I can turn into a three headed wolf so like, that's not too different I guess? I wonder if he's some kind of cousin?"

Speaking of, watching the fight was really making him antsy. This was only the first round too! Would he be able to resist the urge to break stuff for three more rounds? It was really unfair now that he thought about it. Not only did he not get to fight but he also got to see how every other team fought first too. He really wanted to hop down there and fight that monstrosity though. It looked like it could put up on hell of a fight.

Ijutsu Major

Ame:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:47 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

“True.” he said to Rei’s comment, not making much of it. He too was watching the matches closely, this one being of some interest to him. He was learning quite a bit about the Uchiha girl down there, and he was observing what he could. Her abilities were… straightforward to say the least. She would be easy to defeat. Ryuhei’s movements were slower for sure, but they definitely had more finesse and control to them. He’d be able to avoid her without too much trouble so long as his teammates could keep the others off of him.

So much for the Sharingan. It didn’t seem all that special from what she was doing with it.

The other one however from the Kumo team… that was… interesting to say the least. “Now what techniques do you have… Cloud Ninja…,” he muttered with a chuckle. This match may actually turn out to be semi-entertaining.

He was watching this with the utmost interest.

“Make sure you’re not just watching for fun, Faulkner. It’s important to analyze and observe fights like these when you can so that we’re prepared no matter who we have to fight amongst this pathetic rabble.”

Byakugan Level 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm 
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank

It seemed that Ryuhei thought of himself somewhat highly - or at least had a low opinion of the other Genin attending the Exams. There wasn't anything really wrong with confidence, of course, but he could be eating his words later if they don't do well. Among the second round contenders, they would be the ones with the least experience in the Exams battle type. While they could gather intelligence this way, nothing was like actual experience. "It is good to focus, but try to have a little fun, too. After all, who knows when you might have an opportunity to meet people from foreign lands again? There are all sorts of people here," she said, letting her thumbs and forefingers rub the ears of the apparently snoozing dog.

"Try the food, too, but...not the beef skewers. They've overspiced,"
Rei continued, making a slight face at her discarded food. "Or maybe you guys could get a little extra training in, after all? Where's the rest of your team?"

Stats:

Skills:
Taijutsu Spec
Fuuinjutsu Spec
Ninjutsu Spec
Ijutsu Minor
Allow this year

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:04 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

"Yeah! That's why I showed up. I want to show how strong Konohagakure is but at the same time, this is one of the few chances I'll have to fight people from other villages. Win or lose as long as I get to throw a few good punches then I'm satisfied." A playful grin spread across the teen's face as his blood began to pump faster. He was already working himself up even more. At the mention of the overspiced food, Faulkner chuckled softly, "I could've told you that before you wasted your money. Even among the Inuzuka my nose is stronger than most. You better believe the only reason I'm not chowing down is because of that."

When she brought up the rest of Faulkner's team, the grin slowly wiped itself away. He was quickly reminded that in all actuality, he still hadn't met his teammates. "Kanari-sama never introduced us as a team actually, hehe. We may or may not be meeting for the first time on the battlefield. That's okay though, I have complete trust in whoever the Hokage paired with me. I'm sure we'll do just fine, and if not, we always have next year to look forward to."

Ijutsu Major

Ame: