It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:15 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: The Quest For A Bath
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:06 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Fame: 0
Infamy: 0
Jutsu List: Desert Suspension, Sand Bullet, Sand binding coffin , Sand Waterfall Burial, Water Release: Water Bullet Techniques, Violent Whirlwind, Earth-Style Wall
She had tried being honest.

It hadn’t really worked – one of the woman at the front of the hospital lobby wasn’t keen to let her in, a dirty vagrant who needed a bath. What’s worse, Ayane had foolishly tried honesty first – never the right option. It had given the woman the very legend she needed to send her away. Now she had to try a risky tactic – fifteen year old girls didn’t always inspire fear.

”Look, ma’am, I really to get cleaned up. If I report to my sensei with a “sand armour” of my own making, I don’t know what’ll happen. Just let me fucking take a bath and then I’ll get out of your hair!” She knew, even as the words exited her mouth, that this was probably not going to work.

The girl was close to adulthood, only a few years away. Long white hair, dirty from… well, dirt, mostly, was matted and tangled down to her lower back. Sweat stained clothes covered her body, though both her skin and clothes where covered by layers of dirt and sand. A large brown garment hung across her shoulder, was dirtiest of the package. The cloth underneath, where it could be seen, was white. Green eyes glared at the woman, as thin lips set themselves into a defiant frown, prepared for the woman’s rage.

Reflexes: Masterful
Coordination: Proficient (Major Advantage Bukijutsu, w/ Kunai Masterful)
Wisdom: Masterful

Post subject: Re: The Quest For A Bath
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:49 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Tori was six hours into a twelve hour shift and the world was starting to get a little fuzzy. She needed a nap. She desperately needed just five minutes away from the blinding white of the hospital.

“Sunba-san, Akari is just laying into a vagrant at the front desk.” Came the mousy voice of Tori’s favorite nurse.

Tori raised her head from the shelf full of cleaning products she had been resting against. If she wasn’t checking patients for the moment then she had to make herself useful. Tori, in a bit of a haze, headed down to the main lobby.

Sure enough the receptionist was just laying into what did look to be a vagrant. Tori’s keen eyes picked up on more detail than that. She knew a shinobi when she saw one.

“Akari, Akari,” Tori broke in, “Shinobi-san is here for a checkup.”

“A checkup?” Akari asked, skeptical. “This late at night?”

Tori shrugged her shoulders, “Shinobi, what are ya gonna do?” Tori wasn’t usually so casual but it was hard to maintain any formality when your blood supply was mostly caffeine, “Please follow me Shinobi-san.”

She said with a faked smile (after 16 hours without sleep what even were emotions?) and gestured for the shinobi to follow her down the hall. Then she turned and began to walk down the hall, keeping her ears out for the sound of footfalls following her.

Sato Karin was in surgery and so her room was open - and Tori hadn’t seen any nurses go in to clean and sterilize it yet. It was a safe a place as any to let the vagrant shinobi clean up. And hopefully, Tori could close her eyes for a few precious moments.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:17 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Jutsu List: Desert Suspension, Sand Bullet, Sand binding coffin , Sand Waterfall Burial, Water Release: Water Bullet Techniques, Violent Whirlwind, Earth-Style Wall
The woman was screeching her particular brand of desert-based obscenities when another of the hospital staff interrupted, saying that the shinobi was here for a check-up. Ayane took a moment to register that she, in fact, was the shinobi in question. She straightened slightly and gave the receptionist one final dirty look before turning to face the girl that had come to her aid.

”Of course, thank you,” Ayane said as she followed the staff to an empty examination room. She removed her long cloak and laid it across the counter, acutely aware of the filth covering it. She moved over to the bath and began to unlace her boots, setting those aside as the smell of desert and unwashed feet entered the room. The trappings of civilization brought back an old emotion to Ayane, as her cheeks burned.

”Sorry for the smell, miss. It’s been awhile since I’ve had a proper bath. My name’s Sat-,” she coughed, ”Ayane. My name is Ayane, thank you for your assistance.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:17 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Tori lead Ayane to the open hospital room and showed her where the bathroom was. The room was dark much to the relief of Tori's tired eyes. She half collapsed into the open arm chair outside the bathroom section of the hospital room.

"It's no trouble Ayane-san,"
Tori replied, ignoring the name stutter. It wasn't her business to press it, though she couldn't help but note that Ayane was sensitive about her surname. Tori could relate to that. "Honestly, I should be thanking you. I needed a break. Sorry about Akari-san, she's usually better. But we've all been on shift for a long time." Tori closed her eyes. Sweet relief. Though Tori was sure she'd fall asleep if she kept her eyes closed for much longer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:38 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Ayane grunted as she got up and began to pipe hot water into the bath. ”I’m sure she’s perfectly fine, when not pressed by an angry vagrant… I probably should have stabbed myself with a kunai first or something.” She began disrobing as water poured into the tub, and by the time it was full she had laid her clothes down on the counter next to her cloak, grabbing a kunai from one of her many weapon pockets before doing so. She put her foo into the tub and quickly dissolved into the warm water, accompanied by a sigh of relief.

”Oh, wow. You know, I forgot how nice a bath is. Almost worth returning to the village on its own.” She allowed herself a moment of relaxation, the hot water creating a womb-like relief for the girl, before she began to chop away inches of her hair. She preferred it short, but it had grown wild in the desert.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:48 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

“Oh no, I wouldn’t recommend that.” Tori scolded in a light tone of voice. Though she was sure Ayane didn’t mean it, Tori couldn’t help but discourage that line of thinking.

Ayane mentioned something about having just returned to the village and not having access to baths. Tori wondered if she should ask about it? It wasn’t in Tori’s character to be very pushy about personal matters. She understood that everyone had their secrets. “Well, welcome back to the village, Ayane-san.”

She relaxed in the chair, letting her pinched muscles relax. The headache behind her eyes relaxed a bit as she closed her eyes. Ayane was welcome to take as long as she wanted, Tori couldn’t really let her wander around unattended in the hospital so as long as Ayane was bathing, Tori could get a break.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:41 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Lacking a mirror Ayane felt around until she felt comfortable with her hair. She tossed the kunai onto the counter, and the cut hair into the waste bin. Ayane’s hands wrapped around the soap bar, bringing it to the wash rag and lathering the latter. Starting from her face she scrubbed down her body, and it was only a short time until she reached her feet. ”What about you, miss?” She looked over at the closed eyes and felt guilty at interrupting her reprieve. ”You pegged me for a shinobi real quick, but I’m not exactly on active duty. Are you shinobi trained?”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:33 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

“Hmm.” Tori’s eyes flicked open and she noticed that Ayane had cut her hair. It wasn’t badly cut, but it was done without a mirror and cut use some straightening. “Oh let me help you.” Tori offered, before thinking about how this really wasn’t sanitary (though the janitor and nurses would be through before too long). She pushed herself up to her tired feet, if Ayane didn’t object, and carefully and slowly picked up the kunai as to not alarm Ayane. Tori had been trained on how to handle herself around shinobi so she didn’t accidentally get her throat slit by a jumpy ninja.

“Shinobi trained? I suppose so. I graduated the academy before enrolling in the medical problem. I wasn’t very good.” Tori gave a self-deprecating smile out of habit, but didn't seem too upset about the fact. She had, after all,
mostly done poorly because she had no desire to learn how to kill, “But that’s not why I noticed. Anyone who’s finished the medical program can tell a shinobi from not. We have to. Shinobi need to be handled differently than civilians. Civilians can be trusted to schedule appointments and show up.” Tori laughed, “And well, a civilian isn’t going to stab you because you accidentally triggered their PTSD.” Tori explained.

Tori carefully worked the kunai through Ayane's hair. Her hair was rough, clearly not well maintained out in the desert with impossible to untangle knots that were better off cut of completely. It was a pretty color though. Ayane had handled most of the heavy cutting, Tori just went through and made sure to take out any uneven or split hairs. The kunai wasn't best for that, but Tori knew how to wield one despite how much she wished she didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:21 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

The girl seemed to awaken somewhat, and took a glance at Ayane’s hair. She offered help and, slowly, grabbed the kunai. Ayane watched warily for a moment before deciding, mostly by first impression, that she was safe. ”I suppose that makes sense.” Ayane thought back to the woman at the front desk and wondered if she had known, and felt shamed at the spectacle she had caused earlier. ”Thank you,” Ayane said, as the woman set to work.

”Why weren’t you very good?” Ayane wondered if it had to due to the time investments of being a medic. ”You seem to handle the kunai well enough. And you’d be great against those hair techniques!” She giggled a little bit, careful not to move under the knife too much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:42 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Tori really couldn’t blame Ayane for asking follow up questions. That’s what you did when you were having a conversation. Ayana certainly didn’t know it was a sensitive topic for her. Tori played off the awkwardness she felt with a shrug of her shoulders, “That’s the question my dad would like to know.” She joked, though the actual issue was hardly anything humorous, playing along in the mood, “Perhaps my instructors feared what danger I would bring to the world with my hair techniques.” She laughed, "Either way, I feel much more at home here in the hospital.” She set the kunai down having finished straightening out Ayane's hair to the best of her ability.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:32 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Ayane was absorbed in her hair, getting a feel for the considerably shorter length, and missed the shrug. ”Mmm, well you work in a hospital. That's gotta take up valuable training time.” She grabbed the scrubbing device and set back to work on the deeper layers of dirt. ”Plus, it’s a respectable purpose in life, to heal the sick and wounded.” As the last layer of dirt was scrubbed off, Ayane dunked her head in the water again, finding the ease at which short hair was cleaned a welcome relief.

When she came up again, she glanced at the medical personnel. ”You know?”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:55 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

At least Ayane wasn’t dismissive of the amount of and nature of the work Tori did, like many shinobi were. She was thankful for that much. Ayane seemed the right sort to Tori. Though, it had been a long time since she had spoken to a female shinobi in her age range, and they had not been very positive. Maybe she was just biased.

“That’s very kind of you.” Tori said with a pretty smile as Ayane resurfaced. “If you don’t have anywhere to stay, Ayane-san, there is a way house I could point you in the direction of.” Tori didn’t want to assume Ayane’s position but coming to the hospital desperately in search of bath in a state of disrepair wreaked of some sort of need. Tori knew of a woman who hailed from the desert, she had battled her way through poverty to earn herself a tidy living in Sunagakure and her home was a haven for battered woman, the unemployed, and other people who needed to get their feet under them. The hospital redirected people her way when they were given the opportunity.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Ayane fell silent after the question was asked, momentarily trapped in her own mind. Right, that’s what I was here for. It was a weird feeling, being without a home – she had wandered the desert, but one expected homelessness there. Here, in the trappings of the Village, it reminded her of why she had left in the first place. ”Yeah, I guess I do… Where is it at?” She got out of the bath, her cleaning finished, and began to dry herself with a nearby towel.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:15 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

After the medic explained to her where the woman’s shelter was, Ayane re-clothed herself and thanked the young woman. ”I really appreciate you sticking around, maybe I’ll be able to take you out to lunch or something when mission pay starts to come in. Either way, I appreciate it.” With her primary mission of a bath accomplished, and the secondary objective of a place to stay acquired quite by chance, Ayane now thought to her tertiary objective – training. She knew that there would for certain be someone out there that wanted a sparring partner.

She headed out the room, and back to the front desk, giving the woman there (name long forgotten) a smile before she left – one with the warmth of the frozen north. Out onto the streets she made her way, excited to start a new day.

[brexit]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:25 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Tori gave Ayane address to the shelter and silent hoped the girl got back on her feet, figuratively as Ayane was quickly bustling out of the hospital. Tori didn’t know the young woman’s story but she sent her well wishes with her.

But with Ayane gone, there was no reason for Tori to dally about. Her break was spent, and she felt a little more invigorated. She got to her feet, washed her hands, and headed back out to face the rest of her shift with a bit more of a skip in her step.

[Exit]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:27 pm 
Pretty Goddamn Lost
Pretty Goddamn Lost

Having no doubt that with the urgency in his step, the back of his blue-black kimono—night garb for him—kicked up behind him sufficiently to fill the whole of the hallway, Kyōsuke made his way around the final corner before the room that the floor's manager had informed him that his niece occupied, only to practically bowl through the young girl as she too attempted to round the corner. Arms reflexively lashing out in front of him to catch her before he accidentally trampled over her, he jerked to a stop.

"Tori," he said, half-choking in surprise and half-steely in resolve to find Ayane before she managed to cause any unsuspecting civilians any problems, "I'm sorry. I was in a hurry to find you, I just didn't expect to find you before I saw you." He would have chuckled, but his nerves were running too high. He took a step away from the girl, before continuing.

"I was told that you had run into a girl. A little taller than you, thin, with green eyes? She might have introduced herself as Ayane." He indicated her general height with his left hand as he spoke, his right moving to rifle through a pocket at his breast. "It is critical that I speak with her as soon as possible." His right hand finding what it had been probing for, Kyōsuke produced the scroll that Shui had delivered to him minutes prior.

"This is a report from someone I had sent to monitor that girl while she was away. She is potentially very dangerous if left unsupervised, both to herself and to others."

Stamina: Epic (200 SP, 60 SP with Taijutsu, 60 SP with Ninjutsu)
Coordination: Masterful (Major Advantage with Ninjutsu)
Reflex: Masterful (Minor Advantage with Taijutsu)
Wisdom: Legendary (Major Advantage with Genjutsu, Godlike with Fūinjutsu, Godlike with Taijutsu)

Fūinjutsu Specialist, Genjutsu Specialist, Kuchiyose Specialist, Ninjutsu Specialist, Sensory Minor, Taijutsu Specialist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:33 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Something was wrong, Tori knew it before her uncle even spoke. She knew him. And he was missed a very easy joke - as well as seeming out of sorts which was a rare sight even to Tori who lived with him. He about bowled into her, though Tori pivoted sharply on foot and spun out of the way. Her ninja and field medic training taking over. Even half dead on her feet, Tori was a graceful Sunba (however little she wanted to be).

“Looking for me?” Tori repeated, confusion knitting together her brow. What could her uncle want of her so late at night? “Ayane? Yes, I’ve spoken with her. You just missed her, Oji-san.” Tori confessed, her teeth teasing her bottom lip. Her cheeks heated up in embarrassment as conjured up an image of her elegant uncle barging in on the scene that had taken place only a few posts ago. Tori wasn’t sure she could have lived with him seeing that. Not after the last time her uncle had walked in on her with a girl. “She was very nice though. She didn’t seem to be any more dangerous then your average shinobi.” Tori informed him, not to disagree with his assessment but to provide him information about Ayane's recent behavior.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:15 am 
Pretty Goddamn Lost
Pretty Goddamn Lost

"Ayane? Yes, I’ve spoken with her. You just missed her, Oji-san," his niece replied, with a tinge of confusion in her voice and posture. The reaction, unique to her among all of the people Kyōsuke knew, was refreshing from the downcast, quieted responses that he had gotten all day from the others who surrounded him. She was one of the very few people that he knew to be accustomed to his presence, and the only who seemed to like it rather than tolerate it. Thankfully, she seemed to not be otherwise startled by his sudden appearance. She blushed as she seemed to be led into thought by what she had said.

"Of course I missed her," the Kazekage thought exasperatedly, his hands wringing the air at his sides in a combination of impatience and anxiety, "I inherited my old man's luck."

"She was very nice though. She didn’t seem to be any more dangerous then your average shinobi," his niece noted, genuine regard for the girl in her voice. There was no way for her to know that Ayane was the child of her grandfather's killers or that she held within her an power unlike that which most would ever know first-hand. He would tell her under different circumstances, he knew. He might yet tell her, depending on the finalised lists of the teams of genin that he had been mulling over for the past week. Kyōsuke set his right hand on his niece's shoulder after pocketing the scroll once more.

"I'm sure that she was, but we are often more dangerous than we appear—those of us who are young and full of energy—are we not?" he asked with but the slightest of grins and a feinted wink. His left hand formed a seal under his sleeve as his arm moved mack to his side. The hallway would appear to darken around him as he took a step back from Tori, four lights spinning their way around him as he did so. The four sparkling shapes that danced themselves into clones of his image around him took shape, each sliding along the tile of the floor as they broke the momentum of their dance.

Wordlessly, the Kazekage nodded forwards down the hallway, and each of the four clones took off at the same brisk pace with which he had been walking when he had run into his niece, carefully avoiding her on their way out. Moving the step back towards her, he patted Tori on the head.

"You must be tired. Why don't you come to my office once you've had some rest? I have some things that I need to talk to you about, so I'll make sure to talk to the staff about covering the rest of your shift."

[Clones exit to various threads]

Techniques used:
Korei no Mai - Used to summon Zenko, each of the four as its own clone, 4 C-Ranks
Kohō: Kurozumu - E-Rank

Stamina of each clone: 16%

Wisdom: Legendary (Major Advantage with Genjutsu, Godlike with Fūinjutsu, Godlike with Taijutsu)

Fūinjutsu Specialist, Genjutsu Specialist, Kuchiyose Specialist, Ninjutsu Specialist, Sensory Minor, Taijutsu Specialist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:56 pm 
Pretty Goddamn Lost
Pretty Goddamn Lost

Man, the Kazekage's author sure had been making a lot (or at least, relatively speaking) of fourth-wall-breaking posts recently. He had, in fact, rather avoided writing that sort of thing for a long while. In any case, he had done so once within the hour, and figured that he very well might end up doing so again within the day. Though he felt that it was possible that the habit would impinge upon the reputation of his style of writing, he had little choice when it came to filling the space between that which others had, in their minds, already abandoned. That, the author felt, he could understand.

The Kazekage, for his part, felt and knew none of this. What he knew is that, after some short conversation with his niece, he had need to part ways with her, to head on towards his offices (presumably). The Kazekage's author hoped that Tori's author had not completely given up on the matter of posting, though he would not be hurt if she had.

[Exit in a similar manner as the exit here, though unlike his clones, the Kazekage could not disperse.]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:28 pm 
Suna Genin
Suna Genin

Tori blinked. Had she fallen asleep standing up? Her eyes felt dry. With her eyes open too? That was a little creepy. She needed to pick up fewer shifts. No one was standing in front of her. Her uncle must have continued talking not realizing that Tori had passed out. Tori winced. She hoped she hadn’t missed anything important. She made a bee-line for the staff room where she could get a shot of coffee to keep her going to the end of her shift. At this point, Tori was pretty sure her body was more caffeine then blood.

[Exit]