The Naruto Text Based Role Playing Game
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:23 am 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Fame: 0
Infamy: 0
The past few days had been nonstop missions for Kami, before that he hadn't seen death first hand. Let alone be the cause of so much death. Last night the boy spent hours laying in his bed, their last mission playing on repeat in his mind's eye. The face of the Lieutenant burned into his eyes. The look of defeat glazed over his eyes and the blank stare he gave the boy. Kami had a hard time falling asleep that night.

It was a sunny day in Kumogakure, a bit warm for the boy's taste, but none the less it was a good day to be alive. He walked the busy city streets looking for his teammate. They were supposed to take a day for themselves, and boy did they need it. Kami found an awning with a nice bit of shade underneath it. There were a few nearby boxes, stationed next to a wall. The Genin had found his new chair. With a hop, skip, and a jump, Kami sat atop one of the crates and dug into his backpack for his canteen. He pressed the bottle to his lips taking a few sips of water into his mouth and swishing it around before swallowing it. "Where could he be?" Kami scanned the crowd for the small albino child.

• Reflexes:Proficient w/ Major Advantage (Minor Advantage: Kenjutsu Major)
  • Coordination:Proficient (Major Advantage: Ninjutsu Major. Minor Advantage Kenjutsu )
  • Wisdom:Proficient

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:37 am 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Slyther, woke from his normal slumber. His home close to the gate was dark, he had no way of knowing what time of day it was. With a peek behind his dark and drawn curtains, he squinted and quickly fell back onto the floor. The bright sunlight of the day streaming down in tiny beams of light. "Great. I'm late."

With a groan he got up doing his normal morning routine. Being late, he rushed putting on his clothing, and made sure he was properly covered. The heat of the day was more than he bargained for, still better to be warm then to be burnt.

Seeming to stick out like a lily pad in the middle of the ocean. The crowded streets left little to hide in for the young boy. The people of the village all seem to give him a bit of a space while walking. This used to make him feel bad about himself, but now, he just takes it with pride. Although his face was covered for the most part, a dark mask pulled over his tall cheekbones. The redness of his eyes shown through. He carried in his hand a folded up book with markings on it for study. It looked old, older than him.

Alright, this is fine, I'm sure Kami slept in too. After all he took the mission harder then anyone else.

Reflexes: Proficient
Coordination: Average (Major Advantage Ijutsu for organs, Major advantage for aiming. Proficient for hand seals.)
Wisdom: Average

Fighting styles:
Ninjutsu Expert (non-elementalist) 60 pool
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:39 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

The Villagers in the streets parted like the sea, with Kami's friend at the epicenter. "Soratatsu-san! Over here!" The boy slid his canteen back into his bag with ease and lept from the box, landing he jogged over to his classmate. Nurse's eyes were red, most likely from a lack of sleep. Kami's face fell into a smile as he approached his friend. A firm hand landed on the small boy's shoulder. "Hey man, how's it going? Let's get something to eat, I'm starving."

Kami led the two down the main street, following the flow of foot traffic. After about five minutes he turned off into a small alleyway. I really hope he kept up. Kami took turns left and right turning the mass of buildings into a pseudo-maze. A sweet, almost sour smell started to proliferate through the air. Kami's face curled into a smile. "We're almost there!" Another left, two rights, followed by a final left and they were face to face with a small Ramen booth. His stomach growled with anticipation. The boy ducked under the booth's ornamental banner and took a seat at the bar.

• Coordination:Proficient (Major Advantage: Ninjutsu Major. Minor Advantage Kenjutsu )

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:30 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

The young boy winced at the sound of his name being screamed out over the streets. For sure he thought it was a older member of his village pulling him aside to detain him for questioning. With a bit of relief when the shape of his teammate jogged up. After the greeting and a bit of a shove kami brought up food. " Well...I could go for some food, I skipped breakfast. "

Kami was much faster then me as he took off through the streets. Lucky for me, its not long before we turn off the crowded streets and into a small alley. Someplace I feel much more welcome in, not surrounded. I took a moment to enjoy the peace as i walked down the alleyway only to find Kami still at a brisk pace. I call out for him and start to take off, my clumsy feet doing their best to keep up with him. It wasn't long until he lost sight of Kami.

Young Slyther wasnt worried however, he could smell it. That sweet smell that made his stomach growl. Climbing up a section of the building and cutting across the roof tops. I peer over the edge down into a tightly packed alleyway. Looking down I see the look of Kami, ducking into the store, his stomach growling loud enough for me to hear even up here. I climb down a section of the building and slide my way off a awning. Doing the most impressive and dexterous move to date with zero people to witness it. Landing perfectly on my feet I look around for a crowd, seeing no one, I give out a soft sigh and duck my way in behind Kami not more then 20 seconds behind him.

Coordination: Average (Major Advantage Ijutsu for organs, Major advantage for aiming. Proficient for hand seals.)

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:51 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Kami! It's been months since you've last been in. Sit down! What can I get you? An elderly man hobbles to the counter, a smile plastered to his face. Sweat glistened off the man's bald head as he grabbed a cup of water and placed it in front of Kami. The old man pulled out a small notepad and pen waiting for an order.

Kami pulled out two stools at the bar, sitting on one and patting the other. "Can I get another cup of water too?" The sound of falling feet alerted him to his friend's presence. "I think my friend and I will have two of my usual, please." The old man jotted some abbreviations on the notepad before walking back into the kitchen.

Kami waited for Slyther to take a seat before he started his brief questioning. "So, Soratatsu-san what are your strongest techniques? What do you want to learn? My final question is; what are your life goals?" The boy leaned back and sipped his water as he waited for a response.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:05 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Slyther, slightly out of breath, lets out a soft comfortable sigh taking his seat from his new teammate. He gripped the side of the cup his hands gliding over the cool, smooth, surface. Condensation dripped down over his fingers, refreshing and calming. His dark red eyes look over the shop he was in. Strange smells and sites that he normally wouldn't have even thought about come close to. He was surprised that the village even had a shop that was willing to serve him.

When the questions starting, I knew I was in a bad place. Wait, he is wanting to interview me. Its ok, don't worry, he probably doesn't know. Lets keep it that way, he wants strengths, I can give them to him. But lets keep 'that' under wraps.

"Kami, You don't need to be so formal with me. Please, Sly is fine. Or if you prefer, you can call me Sora for short." I swirl the water in my hand looking for a distraction of any kind. Awkwardly I start with some of my basics. "I couldn't say my most powerful jutsu, my father taught me a lot of them from his time in service to the village. Something he would say to me is, A sword is not dangerous on its own. Even the sharpest sword is worthless if wielded by a foolhardy swordsmen."

Hopefully the sword analogy will help him understand.

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

"Oh, your father worked in Kumo's military? What did he do, if I may ask? I would understand if you didn't want to talk about it any further. So my second question, What did you want to learn? I wanted to get some training with you after this. What should we focus on?"

Kami's head jerked to the kitchen when he heard the pork being dropped into their bowls. Their food would be out soon, and the boy couldn't wait. It felt like an invisible hand moved his head back to his friend. "Sorry about that. I'm just really hungry." He scratched the back of his head obviously embarrassed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Slyther's face was unchanged. He looked at Kami with the same look he has had on since they started to talk.The conversation has moved forward, I was able to skip over any specifics. The attention of the two boys was called to the kitchen. A growl was heard coming from the inside of Slythers jacket and a hand quickly rubs over it in a attempt to silence it.

"Well when it comes to training, I have a long long list of jutsu I have a desire to train. But I think I'm strong enough to train in the actual techniques. No more need for fundamentals. I'm ready for a actual fight, something where I don't have to hide any of my power. But...Im worried if I do that, the city would be damaged. So instead I was hoping to spend the time and learn how Fūton Ninjutsu works."

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:46 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

" If you're trying to train your Elemental Jutsu we will need to leave the Village. I know a few nice places outside the Village." Kami moved his cup back to his lips, pouring the rest of the cool contents into his mouth. Gingerly he set the glass back onto the bar, his full attention returning to Nurse. "I'm not going to beat around any more proverbial bushes. If we are going to work together I need to know you have my back. When we were sent to capture the Ronin Lieutenant you did a lot I didn't know you could do. That can't happen again. I easily could have died if I wasn't lucky."

The old man returned to the table, two large steaming bowls of ramen in tow. The blue bowls were filled to the brim with Pork, Buckwheat Noodles, Nori, and bean sprouts, all swimming in a soy sauce broth. With an unexpected grace, the man placed the two bowls in front of the boys, laying Oak chopstick across the rim. He reached under the bar and grabbed a small teapot. The old man's face like steel, fully focusing on the task at hand. He returned to the kitchen for a few moments, as he returned he held a large kettle. Not saying a word to the boys, he filled their teapot and returned to the kitchen.

"We can pause our conversation here. The main event just arrived." Kami grabbed his chopsticks and practically dove into his ramen. The pork was the first to be eaten, then the sprouts, soon after the noodles were inhaled. In no more than ten minutes Kami had destroyed his meal. Patting his now slightly bloated belly he let out a relieved sigh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:01 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Slyther was taken a back at these aggressive moves from his teammate. Not that they were without warrant, but just surprised that Kami had such little tolerance for his antics. " My true strength lies in chakra manipulation..." The words are cut short as a old man comes out carrying a bowl bigger than most meals the young man has had.

With a quick motion he dove into the bowl of food, taking Kami's order as a challenge. The boys quickly scarfed down the perfectly cooked food. Kami of course being much more physically trained and proficient quickly out paces his teammate. When both are finished the content gasps are all that can escape from the small ramen shop.

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:24 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Kami leaned against the counter playing with his chopsticks as his friend finished his ramen. Man, that was way better then I remember, I need to come here more often.His stomach now full, Kami looks to Slyther. "I hope you're alright with a small hike after this." A small belch escapes the boy's lips. Embarrassed Kami covers his mouth with a swift hand. " Sorry about that." His face turned beet red, he looked back and forth from Soratatsu to the kitchen's doorway.

Kami stood from his stool and shouted back into the kitchen. "Alright old man. We are getting out of here. Put the bill on my tab!" He looked back to his friend and patted him on the shoulder. "Let's get out of here, we've got a lot of training to do."

Come back any time Kami! Bring some more friends too, the shop will always be here! The old man shouted from the Kitchen. Running water could be heard from the hidden sink in the kitchen. Kami stepped out of the building and waited for his friend to follow him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

A hike didn't sound that appealing to me, the food inside me feeling like its expanding leaving little room for exercise. However after Kami took it on himself to pay for our food, I felt obligated to follow.
"Alright, Kami. I hope you know a good spot far enough away from the village. Wouldn't want to damage the walls, or worse, set off the defenses."

A snicker and smile goes over the pale face. The thought of using the wall as a weapon was one that he had always wanted to try out since he was a boy and watched a thief try to sneak their way through his yard. The smell is something he wouldn't forget ever.

After the boys stood up and left the restaurant Slyther looked up to his companion. "Alright, I guess we head to the gate?"

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:06 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

"Oh, we will be far from the Village." A smile crossed Kami's face, he had fond memories of Takagamahara. The smell of the air that wafted from the grass in those fields could make any hardened warrior want to take a nap. On top of the great surroundings, it was a great place for training, secluded, quiet, and best of all no one knows about it.

Kami glanced over his shoulder back to Slyther. "We are going to Takagamahara. I know a good place over there, it should only be a four-hour hike there." He turned back around to face the street. We were going to have a great day today. He practically skipped down the busy marketplace unable to contain all of his excitement.

[Exit]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:45 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Slyther had a look of content as he watched his teammate beam with joy. He couldn't help but smile himself. Is this...a friend? Does he want to be my friend?

A with a bit of a spring in his step Slyther followed behind Kami. He was slower then the hyper active boy but what he lacked in speed he didn't mind. It gave him time to track Kami, learn how he moves and the way he walks. If he is going to be my team mate, I should know everything I can about him so that we can complete missions together. Not complete missions while just being together.

The two boys made their way out to the Gate.

[Exit]

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept