It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Renshuu Romp
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:15 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Fame: 0
Infamy: 0
It had been just over four hours of marching through the unexpected snow. He led them down a familiar road for half of their journey- the road to the recently demolished Village. Kami was lucky, he generally wears fairly heavy clothes in all weather. The snow clung to his skin like it would to a tree, landing and sitting before gathering more and falling to the ground.

He turned to the south and left the road. Walking in between trees and through fields for another forty-five minutes and they were there. The boy had never been to his secret grove while it was snowing. That was a mistake in Kami's eyes. A beautiful frozen oasis lay before him and his friend. The grass was frozen in a vertical position, seemingly untouched by wind or any other life since the snowfall. The trees were littered with Kunai length ice sickles, they clinked together like a glass wind-chime with every breath from the skies.

Taking great care with every step trying his hardest to not disturb the earth. Keeping this perfect frozen wonderland picturesque, letting it's image burn into his mind's eye. As he broke through the treeline he stood before a frozen pond. Like glass, it stood motionless. Not a single ripple could be seen across the mirror-like surface. "We are finally here." He laid his bag against the trunk of a frozen oak tree and started his stretching routine.

• Reflexes:Proficient w/ Major Advantage (Minor Advantage: Kenjutsu Major)
  • Coordination:Proficient (Major Advantage: Ninjutsu Major. Minor Advantage Kenjutsu )
  • Wisdom:Proficient

Post subject: Re: Renshuu Romp
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:41 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Slyther marched after his new friend saying not much during the travel. He prefered to focus on marching. It takes a lot of effort to go as fast as Kami for him. The snow was something he took great pleasure in seeing. The soft sound of the crunching snow under his feet and the cooling feeling of the air against him was nice. It also allowed him to take use of his rare skin to hide much easier if necessary.

As we leave the road I voice my opinion. "H...hey Kami are you sure about this?" But its quite obvious there is no turning back. The hike was hard but when we arrived at his 'secret grove' I gasp in amazement. "Kami, This is amazing. I don't know if we should spar here. I might end up destroying it." Thoughts raced through his mind as we watched Kami doing his warm up. Dazed still I start to stretch but thinking about the things I long to do to this place.

This would make a AMAZING base of operation. I could build a waterfall that dives into this pond. Then we can tunnel under and behind it. After that we can just carve out a mountain base. It would take at most a few weeks, and that is if I'm by myself.

"Alright Kami, If you want this you got it. Im going to go all out. I'll show you my true power."

Reflexes: Proficient
Coordination: Average (Major Advantage Ijutsu for organs, Major advantage for aiming. Proficient for hand seals.)
Wisdom: Average

Fighting styles:
Ninjutsu Expert (non-elementalist) 60 pool
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:38 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

"Thanks to you, I'm not worried about destroying this place. The pond can be molded, the water can be replenished, and the trees will regrow, with or without the help of our Jutsu." Kami finished his stretches and basic Katana Katas and placed his Katana back into it's home. He put his hand together and took a deep breath. Holding his breath he infused it with his chakra. He cupped his hands over his mouth and exhaled into his palm. A light purple fog followed the air from his lungs. Thinking back to Sensei Shang's movements and actions, he ran his hand across the bottom of his feet leaving a thin purple fog across them. When he stepped back onto the fresh snow, his foot wouldn't break the surface. Kami took a few steps across the snow to test his performance.

He looked to Slyther with a small grin on his face. "Alright then, show me what you got." He crouched low to the ground. His left hand firmly grasped his katana's saya. His right hand hovering over it's tsuba. Ten feet stood between the two boys If Kami saw Soratatsu's hands move he would dash towards the small boy. This will be fun.

• Coordination:Proficient (Major Advantage: Ninjutsu Major. Minor Advantage Kenjutsu )

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:49 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Slyther was more then willing to let this blade touch his flesh, he had shown his companion very little of his power and the time was now. He motions with his hands, knowing he would most likely take a solid strike from the blade, he didnt care. His only hope was to get it off. His shadow clones, he needed 3, Luckly for him clones were easy to conjure.

After the strike against me, I stand there motionless, not dodging the strike. "There would be no point in trying to dodge your blade work. So I'm just going to let. it. happen." A grunt of pain is let out as I do my best to retain my mental focus.

"Behold, the Four leaf clover." His clones would work using a large amount of his chakra spread evenly between the 4 of them. As long as he can hold down Kami, and maintain his focus. His clones would be able to not only support him but will be able to focus on a element. Each one was already planned to use a different chakra flow, allowing their bodies to be surrounded in the four elements that Slyther was already able to freely manipulate.

Technique Trained: Shadow Clone (B-rank 200/200)

Techniques used:
Shadow clone (making three clones)

Coordination: Average (Major Advantage Ijutsu for organs, Major advantage for aiming. Proficient for hand seals.)

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:23 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

As soon as Slyther moved his arms from his side, Kami lunged at the boy leaving behind a copy of himself clad in identical gear. That grin never leaving his face. His left hand's fingers moved rapidly as they were pressed against the saya of his katana. When he was three feet away from his friend he drew his blade with intense speed, passing just under his friend's throat and landing in one of the clones to Kami's right. He removed his left hand from his side, placing it beneath his chin. He opened his mouth and a blast of lightning fired from his maw straight at his friend. What will you do with this?

Kami's other body dashed to the left stabbing it's Clever Sword into the soft snow. a metallic sound- akin to the muted sound of nails being dragged across a chalkboard. in another swift motion, he threw his wakizashi across the clearing into the pond. The blade held fast in the hard ice. He then drew his blade and rushed into the fray after the clone on Kami's left. A downward chop was aimed at the clone's collarbone.

[Jutsu Used]
Paper clone [Rank-C]
Lightning Release False Darkness [Rank-B]
Iaido [Rank-B]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:44 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

His clones dying left and right were perfectly fine, surprised a bit by the fact he and his clone would decide to ignore his main focus. His first clone goes down to the mighty and well placed swing but he was already to close. His mouth opened to fire the flash of light only for a wall of rock to jut up under the clone, A tower growing from under his feet in moments. The blast of light blows into the side of the rock and cutting a large hole through a section roughly 5 feet under the clone.

"There are more then clones for you to deal with!" I shout both of my hands quickly pressing against the ground. Surrounding Kami a dome, of cobbled together frozen stone and earth. He could feel his strength beginning to sap away from him already as the rock quickly assembled around him in a dark prison.

A third clone, preparing for the combat that is coming for him begins. He knew that there is little chance of surviving combat with this clone so the only thing he could do was hope that the fires of his Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire would burn the clone and cause it to die before approaching.

Techninque Trained Earth Release Barrier: Earth Prison Dome of Magnificent Nothingness (B-rank 200/200)

Techniques used
Earth Release Barrier: Earth Prison Dome of Magnificent Nothingness (Brank)
Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire (C-Rank)
Moving Earth Core (B-Rank)

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:45 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Kami fell to a single knee while he was inside the dome. I have to work fast, or the training will stop here. He reached into his backpack and pulled out five of his Explosive tags, he slapped them on the dome and started his handseals.
Kami Finished his handseals, a flash of electricity beamed from his hands towards daunting Oak trees. All five of the Bolts missed. Shooting past the trees and falling into the earth creating massive craters, where ferns once lived. "Damn it!" It had been two days since Kami had started his private training session, and he still couldn't use the one Jutsu he wanted to. The boy, frustrated, sat down near the shore of his secret grove. He looked into the waters, focusing on all the small fish and tadpoles swimming in its contents. He was distracted by something, someone, and he didn't know why.

The boy sat near the grove, focusing, meditating, for what felt like days on his mental block. The faces of his classmates flash through his head. Individually they passed before him, all thirty-two of them. Each one laughed at the boy as they passed his mind's eye, mocking him for various reasons. The boy frowned. He felt betrayed by his own mind, feeding him images and sounds to distract him and feed his anxiety. Like a great wind, Kami exhaled. Letting the wind take all his distractions leaving him with nothing but a clear mind.

Outstretching his arms, and bringing them together he tried the three handseals again. A great light akin to the blast prior fired from his fingertips, striking all five Oak trees. A mighty groan billowed from the old Oak trees, bark splintered and exploded from the tree's stalk. The trees still stood tall and strong, but the boy's mark was made. Five one-foot holes were in the center of each of these trees, roughly five feet off of the ground. Kami smiled as he stood, approaching each tree to inspect his work. Two days of practice well spent. He looked at his hands, each was warm and pink and tender to the touch. He would need much more practice before he can use this in battle.
The back of the stone dome exploded, followed by a bright explosion of lightning. The Lightning Strike Jutsu split into three bolts striking each of the three Slythers. Kami jumped into the air splitting his body into another four copies of himself. The four of them landed around the initial battle. One of the Kamis stabbed their Katana into the soft snow. Lightning crackled from each of the blades in the snow Creating a three-walled barrier, The Thunder Binding Jutsu.
The small pond crackled with electricity, ozone filling the air for the briefest of moments before a light breeze took the scent and carried it out of Kami's secret training grounds. Not enough chakra that time. The boy pulled his katana from the ground, breaking the triangle of sunken blades. The other two blades were submerged to their handles in the pond's water, the tips of the blades sunk into the soft sand just below the surface.

He threw himself onto the ground and let out an exasperated sigh. He had been here for over a week trying to train two Jutsu, just two. He was exhausted, mentally and physically. He wished so desperately to have a mentor here, with him, to help him; to say anything really. It was lonely out here for weeks on end. There was no one to keep the poor boy company except for a few birds that he could only hear. The Thunder binding was almost fully trained, but the Four Pillar Bind has yet to be attempted. He sat up and centered himself, he had learned long ago that a clear mind is a good mind.

Standing up he approached the water's edge and sunk his katana deep into the sand. Three handseals was all he needed to do now. His fingers moving in a blur he grabbed the handle quickly, pouring his chakra into the blade and towards the other two. Great Pillars of purple light started to slowly rise from the surface of the water, and with them, walls of purple light followed. Exuberant, he watched the walls rise towards the blue sky. "Finally some progress!" He couldn't hold in his joy any longer, the two weeks of practice actually meant something now. The walls finished stopped when they were eight feet high.

The boy let go of his beloved katana, staring at it intently. Its handle was wrapped in beautiful black strings, with a slightly iridescent white ray skin lying just beneath the black wrap. A small emerald inlaid onto the handle caught the suns light and cast a slight green light across the pond, giving it an almost swamp-like look. Soaking in his success he looked into the walls purple light. I have enough food for one, maybe two more days, if I don't get this other Jutsu done soon I'll have almost nothing to show for it. He broke the wall by withdrawing his katana from the water. When the walls dispersed he was greeted by the familiar scent of ozone greeted him, this time much more pungent.

He walked back to the tree line and placed his hands in front of him. He had never worked with earth before this very moment. Ram-Boar-Dog, his hand made the shapes needed to no avail. He made half of the handseals needed and not a single stone moved. He tried again, still nothing. He spent the last rays of daylight trying again and again with no progress. The next day held the same results, nothing.

Frustration and anger filled Kami. His stomach screamed in retaliation, he had no food for today and his body wanted so badly to return to town. Stubbornly the boy ignored his body's plea for rest. He was going to finish this even if he was a skeleton by the time he returned to Kumogakure. The familiar sight of night greeted him again, the second day passed with no progress.

This was day two of no food and little sleep. His mind was playing tricks on him at this point. The trees whispered doubtfull words to him as he sat before the pond, and his reflection contorted to make monstrous mocking faces at him. This was his final attempt before turning in for the night. Ram-Boar-Dog, the ground started to rumble, shaking the trees and disturbing his reflection. Four stone pillars immerged from the ground soaring into the night's sky. A wicked grin passed over the boy's face. This is it. Bird-Hare, lightning started to crackle and pass from one another, making small arks back and forth. He needed to use more chakra. Pumping what felt like his own life-force into his jutsu the night erupted into daytime.
The paper clone burst into flames, leaving only ash to blow into the wind. Another clone fell from the sky to take the Paper Clones place. The Southernmost Clone of Kami's started to move his hands. Five handseals in quick succession before the ground rumbled. Four Pillars of stone rose around the outside of the Thunder Binding ten feet away. With a blast of electricity, the Four Pillar Bind sealed everything within it, destroying any clones.

[Jutsus Trained]
Lightning Release: Thunder Binding Rank-A (300/300)
Lightning Release: Four Pillar Bind Rank-A (300/300)
Lightning Release: Lightning Strike Rank-A (300/300)

Jutsu Used
Lightning Release: Thunder Binding Rank-A
Lightning Release: Four Pillar Bind Rank-A
Lightning Release: Lightning Strike Rank-A
Afterimage Clone: Rank-C

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:13 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Three clones split off from the dome, surprising the real Slyther. That dome was meant to hold him down for more then a second. Is he THAT good with lightning? His thoughts were flying faster then his feet could.

The clone rising into the air had more then enough time to react though. His pillar of strong earth stops and explodes leaving no sign of the clone at all. Tunneling through the pillar itself is the clone, although the pillar has stopped moving he hasn't stopped the jutsu. He is pulling the center of the pillar down under him.

Clone fighting is something that he was not afraid of doing, seeing the paper clones burst into bright flames. He took this as a sign of weakness. Quickly he signed 4 signs, and held 2 fingers up to his mouth forming a O. From his mouth came Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique. Pressing out in a breath of hot fire, he laughed as the fire exhaled causing it to bounce a bit as he digs his feet in. Engulfing not only the clones but melting the ice and water in the area before burning through the grass. The heat pushes out melting the ice off the water into pure clear water.

Slyther stood there in the lightning barrier, knowing if he moved he would be shocked. "Wow, its impressive that you not only can do this but you broke free of my Chakra absorption before you could even begin. But here is the real question? Do you think this cage will hold me?" He stood very still, the electrical bolts passing close to him.

His clone in the rock starts off right causing the pillar to slowly melt off into 1 more clone that forms on the far side of the tower, away from eyesight. From the top of the tower flies 6 Smoke clones leaping into the air screaming a death cry before diving at Kami.

Technique Trained: Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique. (200/200 B-rank)

Techniques used: Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique. (B-Rank)
Rock Clone (C-rank)
Multi-Smoke Clone (B-rank)

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:59 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Kami sat in a field surrounded by loose paper, the wind carrying the small sheets across the vast rolling hills. His hands covered in small paper-cuts due to training the Origami Clan's techniques. The boy sat alone, pondering how much easier this would be with another clan member. He was used to the seclusion at this point, he has spent years in the wilderness and was seldom afraid of the fauna. The beasts were his new family.

Returning to the task at hand- creating a Paper Armory. The child's hands moved in a familiar pattern. Paper fell from his skin like a shedding snake, flowing down his arms and into the palms. The paper folded itself into un-natural geometry, slowly constructing two Kunai in each hand. They were sturdy and light, much like a folded Crane, but would it withstand the strength test? He tossed them in front of himself. The two small blads held firm in the soft earth. He started to focus his energy repeating this process for another three hours to ensure and ingrain his training.

Before him, a field of blades constructed of complete paper lay in the setting sun. He placed his hands together, this Jutsu will be different. He would set all the paper ablaze. He had only tried this technique a few times and they were, for the most part, a disaster. Electromagnetic Death, what a name for a terrifyingly powerful technique. The surge of Lightning would kill any normal man who couldn't protect himself or didn't see it coming. It took a lot of Chakra and effort to pull it off.

He focused his inner lightning, his power and started to control his Chakra, moving it from his core to his hands and back for quite some time. This would most likely deplete him completely for quite some time. Was it worth it? No, but the boy was determined to train more than just one jutsu. In a final breath, he shot the electricity from his palms and across the field of brush and kunai. The blast was mighty and swift, covering the kunai in a blanket of light. When he finished the jutsu he marveled at the fire. His paper and the grass created something of a small brush fire. It's a good thing it was fall and everything was wet, or his Jutsu could have caused significant damage to the wildlife and his home away from home.
Kami puts his hands together and creates two Kunai of paper from nowhere, his hands seemingly pulling them from the air itself. He tossed them at the six clones in the air. The Kunai exploded leaving nothing but the acrid smell of singed paper and ink.

One of Kami's Afterimage clones flickered for a moment before four more boys split from the original image, leaving eight copies of the boy to surround the caged Slyther. They all leaped into the air as the Great Fireball Jutsu could engulf them in a blanket of fire. While in the air one of the Afterimage clones could see the Rock Clone. The clones flickered and Falas Darkness spewed from his mouth, blowing a fist-sized hole through its chest. One clone stared at Slyther And raised its hand before a familiar shimmer overcame it. A small pillar of light pierced his palm, a Chidori Lightspear extended at the still Slyther in the barrier, it stopped once it was six feet long. He jumped into the air easily passing the edge of the barrier and threw it at Slyther. If he moved he would be knocked out but safe, but if he remained still his arm would be pinned into the earth at the forearm. Four of the other Clone held position and waited for Slyther to jump. If he did, one of them was going to use Electromagnetic Death to stop him in his tracks.

Jutsu Used
Afterimage Clone Rank-C
Chidori Lightspear Rank-A
Paper Armory Rank-C

Items Used
Explosive Tags x4

Jutsu Trained
Paper Armory Rank-C (100/100)
Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Death Rank-A (300/300)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:48 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Warm summer night breeze blew through the house. Slythers mother hunched over a washing board cleaning clothing. Out in the yard Slyther stood above the soft churned earth that he had been working on for a day and a half straight now. He focuses his chakra and starts to tunnel his way through the ground. He thought to himself This must be what its like to be a mole, a deep dweller, protected from the sun relaying on your other sense.

After a 10 minute tunnel the boy had reached his "secret cavern" he came here often to think. A carved out stone cavern where the young boy would practice the more unsavory jutsu. Out of his pack he pulls out 2 candles and a doll he found in his mothers room. Focusing his chakra he lit each candle and then instantly snuffed them out. the smoke filled the small chamber and game him a good amount to work with. He focused, for some reason smoke and control seemed to be easier for him to do then any elemental technique that he trained. He molded and spun the smoke using it to not only lock down the doll but even he could not remove it from the trap.

with a cough he dug his way back up, he couldn't stop smelling the smell of burnt hair and wax. He had wished he had made the cavern bigger and vow that next week he would carve out a bigger cave to practice in.
"ENOUGH!" The battlefield was filled with a mixture of smoke and steam. Slythers brow furrowed and under his feet he starts to spin down moving in a clockwise motion, disappearing into the ground below me. At the same time the boy had locked himself down the bright beam of chidori light showing where his true position is in this field of illusions. The smoke in the battlefield starts to flow and position itself to surround Kami. The smoke grapples and spins around Kami's hands locking him in a position to hold him in place for just one moment. The gripping tight tendrils of smokey black chakra tightens around the boys hands and feet.

The clone inside the large pillar of stone starts to preform hand seals knowing its going to take him a long time he sits in silence focusing completely, I has to get this right or it wont work, the timing must be perfect. Meanwhile, the clone out in the open starts to laugh, his hands sealing for yet more jutsu. The ground around him lifting into another large stone tower. This tower is created under his feet however he doesn't go up with it, he creates a earth clone to ride the top in the same post as the clone who stays deep in the center of the tower. Surrounded by sandy dirt, holding his breathe. Their plane was simple have him focus on the smoke. Once they get into position both pillars will crash onto the battle field burring it in 6 feet of rock and earth.

Techniques Trained:
Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique (C rank)
Binding Smoke Prison (B Rank)
Earth Flow Wave (B Rank)

Techniques used:
Rock clone (C-rank)
Earth Release: Moving Earth Core (B-rank)
Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique (C rank)
Binding Smoke Prison (B Rank)

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:51 pm 
Raikage
Raikage

Shang heard the battle before he saw it.

Nurses voice cried out, and as Shang crested the hill it seemed as though he and Kami were locked in solid battle. Shang watched for a moment before he called out to them. ”Cease fighting, at once!” Though his authority was now absolute, he had always spoken thusly to his students. ”There is news that you must be acquainted with.” It was bitter sweet, to him. He wasn’t sure if he’d now have the time to give them the training they truly required. It was something to think about.

The monk wore the robes of the Raikage, those found worn by the village leaders of all the villages. The robe was trimmed with yellow, the secondary color traditionally worn by the Raikage. ”It seems that Shizuka is… incapacitated. For how long, I cannot say. The Doctor suggested that it is likely to be permanent. Unfortunately, she placed the mantle on me to carry it out.” He folded his arms as he looked down on them, waiting to see how they’d react to the news.

Reflexes: Masterful (Epic Taijutsu)
    Coordination: Masterful (Epic Bukijutsu)
    Wisdom: Epic (Legendary Taijutsu/Legendary Precog Bukijutsu)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:24 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Kami watched Slyther soar into the sky on a great pillar of stone. The smoke and soot starting to settle around him, covering his clothes and meddling in the once clean air. ”Cease fighting, at once!” A cold, older voice rang out amongst the raging battle. Kami peered at the figure, the smoke blurred his vision and he squinted, long robes and a pointed hat outlined the figure, a long staff in hand. It was Shang!

"Nurse, stop the training this instant! Shang is here!" The boy flickered to his Afterimage nearest Shang and bowed. "Sensei, that's dreadful news. I hope Shizuka recovers quickly. It's truly a shame to see a great Shinobi in the hospital. So, should I call you Raikage now?" The boy gave a small chuckle as he looked the old monk up and down. "I think you'll be a great Kage, Sensei."

Kami waited for Slyther to join them and hear of the great, yet dreadful news.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:44 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

From under the ground the real Slyther is tunnelling. When out of the calm fight between two brand new friends fighting at their hardest to train is disturbed by the old man screaming loudly. The shock caused both him and Kami to stop and move quickly to intercept him knowing they had to be ready for any major issue the village might face.

He was much shower the Kami but he arrived at Shang just the same. His head pops out of the frozen earth surrounded by a thin layer of sand. He looked up he had popped up right next to Kami although he was looking the wrong way when he first came out of the ground.

"Master Shang this is awful news."

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:00 am 
Raikage
Raikage

Under the cap of the Raikage, Shang smiled. He hadn’t expected these two to understand the predicament he was in, but perhaps they were some of the few in the village that did. ”Yes, it is dreadful, and yes, Kami, you must call me Raikage, or sensei… In public. When we’re alone, if you call me anything other than Shang I will beat you.” The threat had no teeth, and Shang hoped that his smile would take some of the bite away from it. He was sure that no one was going to call him Shang for some time, other than these kids.

It was time to explain to them what was going on. ”But, to more serious matters. I don’t want to lie to you two. Before she was incapacitated, Lady Shizuka entered us into a war. It appears that Konohagakure has launched an attack at Kemurigakure, with the aid of Sunagakure. We have retaliated.” He would not get into the details, especially not with children. ”There should be nothing to worry about. Sunagakure sits far away from us and if those Konohagakure dogs,” he said, spitting out the name,”want to come into our territory, we will give them what we did in the War of Liberation.” The smile on his face had long given way to a more serious look.

”Unfortunately, while you needn’t worry, it means you will have to cut your training session out here short. I can’t allow two young-lings to stay out this far away from the village alone. Nor am I able to spend time away from the village for an extended period. I need to test your skills, first, however. Let's do a quick spar. It's the most efficient way to train you."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:42 am 
Kumo ANBU
Kumo ANBU

Fame: 2200
Heavy footsteps carried the samurai through Takagamahara. She had just grown the respect of Lady Shizuka and the village along with it when the woman suddenly went out of commission. She wasn't sure how much of that standing would carry over into Shang's rule. He was a very wise man for certain but she was not sure of his disposition on her place in his military. She made a line to Shang's last seen location and with a haste likely unnecessary she made her way to it.

She found the man and his two students, one of which he had asked her to train in swordsmanship down the line, and reluctantly seemed to be interrupting the beginning of a training session. "Lord Shang," her voice rang out, announcing her arrival in as honorable a greeting as possible, "I have returned from the mission that Lady Shizuka had put me on." She gave the older man a deep bow and righted herself, her expression growing somber and serious.

"There are a lot of things we need to discuss. Some of which I do not believe can wait." She made an effort to display the weapons she had taken from the enemy but did not yet show him the seal on her back. That was something she did not wish for his students or her own to learn if she could help it.

Stamina: Masterful
Reflexes: Legendary (Godlike w/Kenjutsu)
Coordination: Godlike (Major Advantage w/Kenjutsu)
Wisdom: Masterful

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:22 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

"and yes, Kami, you must call me Raikage, or sensei… In public. When we’re alone, if you call me anything other than Shang I will beat you.” Kami couldn't help but let out a light giggle at the man's joke. "Whatever you say Sensei. It's been a while since we last fought, I think you'll be pleased with how I've grown" He stepped away from the new Kage leaving a fifteen-foot gap between them. He crouched low putting his hand on his Katana when coming from the east of the grove he heard quickened footsteps. They weren't running, but someone was definitely in a hurry. Kami dashed in between Shang and the coming footsteps, hand still firm around the tsuka of his Katana.

A woman crests the treeline, she had multiple swords fastened to her and with a little closer examination he could tell she was from Kumogakure. Kami let go of his Katana and returned to his normal standing position. As she explained her business with Shang the boy couldn't help but marvel over the substantial bundle of weapons she presented. Kami wiped the proverbial drool from his mouth and looked to Shang. "Well, I suppose this concludes our training then? Nurse! Let's get back to the village. There's a war to prepare for." Kami gathered his small backpack and canteen and returned to the new Raikage's side. "Should I lead the way?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:32 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

The sunken head of Slyther was all that was exposed during the majority of the conversation with his new Raikage. With the stance of Kami, he was sure what was about to happen was going to be intense. With a quick motion the pale head pops back underground as quickly as it had appeared before Shang and Kami. Only when I heard the ending to training declared does he once again appear. Digging his way out of the now soft and turned ground the boy proceeded to shake off any loose gravel and sand that was still stuck to him.

Seeing Kami, put away his belongings and call for us to return to the village prompts me to do the same, grabbing what little I had brought with me and starting to slowly walk behind him. If they were in a hurry he would not fight being picked up or even forcefully moved by his allies if necessary.

"You can lead the way Kami, but its going to take a while to get back to the village. Maybe they should take off with out us and let us catch up?"

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:18 pm 
Raikage
Raikage

And just like that, Shang was at a crossroads of responsibilities. Haruko had returned and had vital intelligence to report; his students, unfortunately, would have to wait. He sighed and gave a small smile to Nurse and Kami. ”Well, we’ll start the practice fight later.” He turned back to Haruko. ”Come, we can walk the land and watch for counter attacks.” A poor excuse to avoid heading back to the stuffy old office. He put his staff to the ground and began to walk up the hill northwards.

[exit]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:35 pm 
Kumo ANBU
Kumo ANBU

Fame: 2200
Suddenly feeling a pang of sadness for having interrupted the student teacher relationship that she had grown to adore with her own student, Haruko gave both of Shang's disciples a small smile. "It's nice to finally meet you both, I apologize that it could not be on better terms." Afterward she turned to follow Shang, questions buzzing in her head. Before she left on her mission he had asked her how she had been promoted to her position as Jounin. Had he asked her that because of his own rank or because he doubted her ability to fulfill her own role? She was uncertain and that uncertainty pushed her forward behind the figure of her new leader. Without many words between the two, the distance grew from their students quickly.

[Exit]

Stamina: Masterful
Reflexes: Legendary (Godlike w/Kenjutsu)
Coordination: Godlike (Major Advantage w/Kenjutsu)
Wisdom: Masterful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:38 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

"War, huh? I wonder when we will be attacked." Kami waited a few moments before leaving his secret grove, soaking in all that was beautiful, and the new landscape of the area. Stone pillars, fire and the smell of ozone, it was all overwhelming, almost unbearable. His 'Safe Place' was no more. He let out a sigh and walked to the road, laying roughly a half mile from the groves tall trees.

"I wonder why Shang Sensei would tell us about the fights. Do you think he is expecting us to do something for the war effort?" Kami scratched his head while the two were returning to the village. The winding road carried them into twilight as they trecked through the snow. "It sucks that I can't explore now. I was planning on taking you to Unraikyo Valley next week too! There's a great cave there I think you'd like too." Kami looked over his shoulder to make sure Slyther was still behind him, the boys were traveling at half their prior speed from the village. "What do you think we should do tomorrow? I think we have a mission waiting for us back at the Kage's office."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:55 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

The two boys walked through the twilight light reflecting around them. The hills of bright soft snow bouncing the golden and red light around. "War...." The word seemed like it was a mouth full to the boy. "I've never thought about strategy like that. It was always battle tactics and chakra. To be honest, a war sounds pretty fun." There was a new light inside the boys soul.

War means we can be exposed to a lot of new people, its a great way for us to learn brand new techniques and even gain some sorta power. Who knows, I might even fight a few people to send to his grace.

He was lost in thought as he absent mindly followed after Kami, broken from his trek through his own by by Kami's question. "Oh...uh My guess is that Sensai Shang is probably trying to protect us. After all were the first Ninjas to show promise in this village for a while now. He probably wants to see what we can do before he throws us into danger. Still, he was going to spar with us, US!" He gave a bit of a jump landing back softly onto the ground.
"I bet that would have been a intense fight. I cant wait till we have some free to together again."

Then the question cam up, Kami wanted to do this again. "Well....Spelunking is rather fun. I don't see why I wouldn't join you. As long as you promise not to trap in a box of lighting again, that stung look."
Slyther pulled a part of his dark clothing away to reveal his pale white skin lashed with small marks of damage. "A mission! Well as soon as I get some rest, we will have to get to it. Wouldn't want to let our Kage down now would we?"

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:35 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

"I don't know where we are going to spar though! The village doesn't have an arena or anything, so if we spar in the village we can't use Jutsu." Kame scratched his chin as the two walked over ice glazed hills. "And if we can't use Jutsu in our fight we will simply lose. He wouldn't be the Kage if he didn't have incredible fighting prowess."

I wonder if Shang knows that we rely on our Jutsu quite heavily. Maybe that's why he wants to fight us within Village walls. He also might just build an Arena too, that's another extremely possible option. I wonder if Sensei is going to have another Genin come with us?"

Kami's focus was broken by Slyther exposing his red and slightly inflamed side. Kami's face furrowed into a frown. "I'm sorry Sly, next time we spar I'll keep the Four pillars out of it." Kami placed his hand on his side as if he was just shocked in the same location, he rubbed it softly imagining how uncomfortable that would have been if their positions were swapped. "Yeah, I'll keep the giant lightning rocks out for sure."

The boys continued to follow the winding road between trees and through the fields for a few more minutes before Kami broke the silence again. "Since Shang will be busy from here on out, do you think we will get more people in our squad? Or are we just a duo of Genin?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:14 am 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Slyther waved his hand nonchalant like. With a simple motion dispelling Kami's fears and worries about the spar. "Master Shang knows better then anyone at this point what we are capable of. If we were to really spar, it would be for our own good. After all, he said he wanted to TEST us. Im sure if anything, he will take us on a walk and attack us suddenly without warning." Slyther knew he had a lot of work to do still, when we would return the village. The thoughts and plans started to form. He thought about the skills he would need, he also thought about the training he would have to do. From now on he has decided he would do his best to train his body. Watching Kami fight and easily dodge his powerful jutsu was something he just couldn't handle.

When Kami asked me about our squad I couldn't help but stop moving thinking very hard about this. "Never really got to know much of the other members of the village. So your asking the wrong person Kami. But if it were up to me, I don't work the best in groups, so I hope not." With a slap on Kami's back he continued. "Besides, do you think there is anyone who could match up to the best ninja's in all of Kumo? We are team 1 after all!"

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:58 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

Kami lightly shuddered at the thought of Shang sneak attacking the two boys. They were some of the strongest Shinobi in the Village but they were still far too weak to defend the Kumo against any other attacking Shinobi. He shot a worried look at Nurse. "What if he comes back with the Samurai and attacks us! We might be able to handle Shang by himself," The boy paused, various spar scenario running through his head. "but if she attacks too then we are not going to win the match." He let out a deep sigh expelling all the paranoia. "You're probably right though, I doubt he will make us spar without Jutsu."

Kami couldn't help but laugh at Slyther's Team 1 reference. They really were some of the strongest Ninja in Kumogakure. "Well, hopefully, we get a chance to be promoted here soon, it would be nice to be seen as a role model for all the up-and-coming Genin." Kami put his hand on his Katana's tsuba and thought of all the practice he has done up to this point, and how much more he needs to do before he can be a 'true Shinobi'.

Silence fell over the walking duo for quite some time, the twilight faded to darkness and the light pollution from the moon lit the snow an ethereal white. The birds slept and the beasts huddled together for the night. The deafening silence was all that could be heard. They were just a few more hours from Kumo at this point. "Sly, we are only two Shinobi. Two people cannot make a squad. Shang was promoted to Kage by lady Shizuka before she was hospitalized, so I doubt he will be training us for much longer." Kami rubbed the back of his head, his tell for being under stress. "I think we will have to find a third person to be in our squad."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:05 pm 
Kumo Chunin
Kumo Chunin

The idea of having to spend time with more then Kami or Shang made the boy feel ill. He was never one for socializing, even being this close to Kami felt like he was going to be sick. "Well, Kami, If that is what you think. Then I guess a thrid member would have to be gathered. If you can find someone who is willing to join us and deal with my..." he trailed off looking up into the sky, the moon catching his gaze once more. "....quirks. Then i'll try to be more 'open.'" his hands raised to make quotes with the word open. Then something that Kami had not seen yet happened. Slyther's mouth curled up into a large, cartoonish, obviously false smile. It was unsettling but intended as a joke.

Fighting styles:
Ijutsu Expert 60 pool
Taijutsu Adept 30 pool
Kuchiyose Expert
Fūinjutsu Adept