Note that there are a few distinctions between villages and organizations in terms spending your budget. Reference the expenses information for them here.
Now that you’ve got your budget, what are you going to spend it on? The following is a list of various infrastructure options that you may choose to spend your allotted money on. Each will benefit the village or each of its resident shinobi in some way.
Just remember that changing your budget doesn’t take effect until the following month.
Below you will find the each option listed with a description of what it does and a brief description of what each level of investment provides in the following format:
Level # - Cost in ryo per month - given benefits.
- Provides the village with a large supply of weapons, granting each shinobi more basic weapons than they would ordinarily be allowed. Each shinobi gains the following benefits:
- Level 1 - 50,000 - Gain 1 additional weapon choices
- Level 2 - 100,000 - Gain 3 additional weapon choices
- Level 3 - 150,000 - Gain 5 additional weapon choices
- While they are maintained, banks generate their own money that grows to the maximum described below. When your budget is reduced for any reason, the banks will provide you with money to make up for this loss. The banks can also provide money to rebuild things that have been destroyed. While this can be used to rebuild destroyed Resource Outposts, they will not finance new outposts or new upgrades.
- Level 1 - 10,000 - The bank obtains 20,000 ryo per cycle to a maximum of 100,000
- Level 2 - 25,000 - 50,000 ryo per cycle to a maximum of 250,000
- Level 3 - 75,000 - 150,000 ryo per cycle to a maximum of 750,000
- Provides a location for shinobi of a village to source knowledge they might not otherwise be aware of. Each shinobi gains the following benefits:
If someone does not have any level of [Technique Knowledge] or [Bingo Book Knowledge] Traits, the Grand Library provides it up to its level at no cost. This benefit cannot give someone [Technique Knowledge V]. Any levels gained while effectively having [Technique Knowledge IV] or [Bingo Book knowledge V] are converted into Awareness advantages in subsequent topics at a 1:1 rate to a maximum of 3.
- Level 1 - 50,000 - An extra level of the [Technique Knowledge] and [Bingo Book Knowledge] Traits. Training techniques requires 10% fewer words.
- Level 2 - 100,000 - Two extra levels of the [Technique Knowledge] and [Bingo Book Knowledge] Traits. Training techniques requires 25% fewer words.
- Level 3 - 150,000 - three extra levels of the [Technique Knowledge] and [Bingo Book Knowledge] Traits. Training techniques requires 50% fewer words.
- Provides each shinobi within the village with cheaper housing, allowing for them to have more rooms. Each shinobi gains the following benefits:
- Level 1 - 50,000 - Their house may contain 1 additional room.
- Level 2 - 100,000 - Their house may contain 2 additional rooms.
- Provides a safe location for shinobi to perform surgery, including the implantation of Kekkei Genkai. Each level provides the benefits of the levels beneath it. All village-sanctioned implantations receive the following benefits:
- Level 1 - 50,000 - Recovery time is reduced by 10% and there is a +10 to its success. Each shinobi also has an extra 10 Durability at the start of a topic.
- Level 2 - 125,000 - Recovery time is reduced by 25% and there is a +20 to its success. Each shinobi also has an extra 20 Durability at the start of a topic.
- Level 3 - 250,000 - Recovery time is reduced by 50% and there is a +30 to its success. Each shinobi also has an extra 30 Durability at the start of a topic.
- Provides extra weapons and armor (in the form of Durability) to shinobi operating in any country (including your own). This can be selected multiple times for as many countries as desired. Each shinobi operating within chosen nations will obtain the following benefits:
- Level 1 - 100,000 - Gain 1 weapon additional weapon choice and 10 Durability
- Level 2 - 200,000 - Gain 2 weapon additional weapon choice and 20 Durability
- Level 3 - 300,000 - Gain 3 weapon additional weapon choice and 30 Durability
- Provides a place for crafters to trade their goods in exchange for materials. Every crafter obtains an amount of materials each update based on their level of crafting.
- Level 1 - 50,000 - Those with a Crafting Trait gain 25 materials. Those with the [Master Craftsman] Trait gain 50 materials.
- Level 2 - 100,000 - Those with a Crafting Trait gain 50 materials. Those with the [Master Craftsman] Trait gain 75 materials.
- Level 3 - 200,000 - Those with a Crafting Trait gain 75 materials. Those wit hthe [Master Craftsman] Trait gain 100 materials.
- Provides a well maintained roost to keep messenger birds. These birds can be used to send written messages to shinobi, wherever they might be. While they can be intercepted, they are quite fast.
- Level 1 - 25,000 - Messages are received 48 hours after being sent.
- Level 2 - 50,000 - Messages are received 24 hours after being sent.
- Level 3 - 100,000 - Messages are received immediately and cannot be intercepted.
- Provides an incredibly well suited location for shinobi to train. While a training ground isn’t necessary to train, these grounds are so well maintained and equipped that training within them is easier. Each shinobi obtains the following benefits while training within their country’s influence:
- Level 1 - 50,000 - Word Count requirements are reduced by 50%.
- Level 2 - 100,000 - Each training post rewards an additional 2 Experience. Word count requirements are reduced by 50%.
- Level 3 - 250,000 - Each training post rewards an additional 5 Experience. Word count requirements are reduced by 50%.
- Allows you to obscure topics from being spied upon via foreign Listening Posts (described below). When built, you will choose a subforum anywhere in the world. By placing these in chosen a subforum, you can block foreign Listening Posts of equal or lesser level. These are placed in secret, contact Rivu when you wish to include these in your budget. Any number of these can be placed in any location.
Note that, while Counterintelligence Posts can be placed within your village, those subforums have a base Counterintelligence level of 1.
Dead Drop System
- Level 1 - 5,000
- Level 2 - 10,000
- Level 3 - 15,000
- Allows for communication, that cannot be intercepted, between shinobi and their village in a subforum that is chosen at the time of including it on the budget.. Things too sensitive or heavy for Messenger Birds (described below) can be placed at this location for pickup. It takes 96 hours for things to be sent. Any number of these can be maintained at once.
- Provides a central intelligence organization that manages all related operations. By investing in a Headquarters, all Listening Posts and Counterintelligence Posts are effectively increased by an amount of levels equal to the level of Headquarters. This also affects the natural level 2 Counterintelligence of village
- Level 1 - 100,000
- Level 2 - 200,000
- Level 3 - 300,000
- Allows the village to spy on foreign shinobi within a subforum, chosen when added to a budget, with perfect accuracy. Doing so can be blocked by Counterintelligence Posts of equal or greater levels. These are placed in secret, contact Rivu when you wish to include these in your budget. He will also be able to tell you if you can listen in on a topic that is occuring within range of a Listening Post.
- Level 1 - 5,000
- Level 2 - 10,000
- Level 3 - 15,000
- Provides a secret tunnel of your own description (within reason, please). This allows you to enter and exit the village without passing through the gates or over the walls. Its location cannot be found except by those who are shown its location. It exits in a location within your country, but not in any particular subforum. The tunnel itself is only that, but its village entrance can be placed anywhere within. The way to access a secret tunnel is up to the local Kage and can be changed at any point in-character. This can range from a password to a hidden mechanism to recognizing approved chakra signatures. There is an immaculate seal placed in the area that obscures any tracks within proximity, preventing people from being tracked once inside the tunnel. Once someone has entered the tunnel, people tracking them have 48 hours to post before losing the trail completely. The Secret Tunnel can only be found by trackers who started tracking before their target posted entering the secret tunnel. Both exits have 300 Durability.
- Provides a well maintained and constantly supervised barrier that encompasses the entire village. Only one barrier may be selected. Each are invisible spheres that envelope the entire village, as well as the air above and the ground below. These barriers can be sensed but they cannot be identified except by people capable of recognizing S rank custom fūinjutsu.
Gates and Walls
- Sensory Barrier - 100,000 - Any time someone passes through the gates or bypasses the village walls, any information a sensor can learn is recorded and reported to the village, including where they entered and where they are heading.
- Physical Barrier - 150,000 - Nothing with chakra may enter the village except via the gates. Attempting to do so would be akin to hitting a physical wall. The barrier has 1000 Durability that is refreshed completely once an attack has been concluded. Once penetrated, the entire barrier is dispersed.
- Reinforces the existing village gates and walls with stronger materials to withstand shinobi attacks.
Gates and Wall Guards
- Level 1 - 25,000 - The village gates have a Durability of 100 and any portion of the wall has 200.
- Level 2 - 75,000 - The village gates have a Durability of 200 and any portion of the wall has 400.
- Level 3 - 150,000 - The village gates have a Durability of 300 and any portion of the wall has 600.
- Provides a number of rotating patrols to the village gate or walls. These patrols are capable of spotting people attempting to enter the village. Maintaining a level also provides the benefits of each level before it.
- Level 1 - 25,000 - Guards will be stationed at the village gates that ask and report nonresidents’ names and purposes for being in the village. Guards are also placed along the village walls, spotting and reporting people that attempt to circumvent the village gates. Increases the amount of time that person’s post can be interrupted by 24 hours.
- Level 2 -75,000 - Guards are accompanied by sensors that are capable of determining if someone is a shinobi or if some type of technique is being used by those that would pass through or circumvent the gates. Increases the amount of time that person’s post can be interrupted by 48 hours.
Unlike other options on this list that have to be maintained every month, Resource Outposts are built by putting a portion of your monthly budget aside until the necessary total is paid. During this period, there is no benefit for having spent the money. Once enough money has been put towards building, they are completed; however, it will be another month before it begins to supplement your future budgets as described below. Once built to level one, you may upgrade the outpost and increase the effective budgetary bonus. Upgrades also take a month after being fully paid to be completed. You may only have a total of 6 Resource Outposts at a given time. They can be built in any chosen subforum under your village’s control.
- Level 1 - 100,000 total ryo to build - Increases the village’s monthly budget by 25,000 and has a Durability of 100.
- Level 2 - 150,000 total ryo to upgrade - Increases the village’s monthly budget by 50,000 and has a Durability of 150.
- Level 3 - 250,000 total ryo to upgrade - Increases the village’s monthly budget by 75,000 and has a Durability of 250.
- Provides a rotating patrol of guards on a chosen Resource Outpost. These guards give word that a chosen outpost is under attack while also fighting off the threat. Each level of Outpost Guard extends the time period that an attacker’s posts can be interrupted by friendly forces by the following amounts:
- Level 1 - 5,000 - +48 hours
- Level 2 - 15,000 - +72 hours
- Level 3 - 25,000 - +96 hours
This benefit is lost once friendly players intercept. Neutral parties do not affect this.
Destruction and Rebuilding
Everything above that is based in a structure can be destroyed by characters in-game. Unless otherwise stated, each structure has 100 Durability. While they can be patched with negligible effort if they remain standing, being restored to full Durability at the start of the next month, you are left with a pile of rubble once that Durability hits 0.
In order for a structure to be rebuilt, you must set aside an amount of money equal to double the cost of maintaining that structure. You cannot begin to maintain, and therefore benefit from, a structure until the month after all of the requisite money has been paid.
The Bank can be used to assist in rebuilding efforts!