It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:48 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: A Storm of Swords
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:14 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Fame: 0
Infamy: 0
Katsumasa had left his house that morning in search of the meeting place that his mother had set up with his cousin, Eliza. She was like ten years old, or something, and still in the academy, but his mom had wanted him to take her under his wing. She had been from some dilapidated, run down village in the land of Iron or something, and had come to join the “glorious” Kirigakure to begin her training as a ninja. She was trained conventionally as a samurai, which Katsumasa was sort of jealous of, but wanted to become a ninja. So there he was, going to train some ten year old in the arts of being a ninja. Bah, I hope she’s ready to learn from a guy that never made it to class hehehe.

To get to the training area, it was required that he travel by boat to Isonade, one of the larger islands of the archipelago, and the one he found the least creepy. It was a standard place for Kirigakure shinobi to train, and his mother had set up the meeting to be at 800 hours. Early enough that they could train the whole day, if they wanted to. At around 730 hours he made his way off the dock and to the meeting location – a clearing in the bamboo forest. He knelt, shirtless, an odachi strapped to his back. He had a wakizashi and katana combo on the left side of his hip, and he had left his spare katana at home. He wouldn’t be needing it today, he hoped.

Bah, where is that girl!

Post subject: Re: A Storm of Swords
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:19 am 

It had been a long morning. Aeliza had woken up at 5:30 that morning cleaning the small wooden cabin she currently resided in. Her morning routine first involved polishing her heirloom blade, before preparing a small breakfast of fish and rice, and finally she wiped down the inside of the cabin. After her morning routine she then gathered the old wood cutters axe and went out back to prepare the wood for the day.

What was left of her father’s property had apparently been left with minimal upkeep and renovation only allowing for the most basic of utilities such as a gas stove and working plumbing. Most water had to be gathered from a nearby well and wood chopped for even a quick bath. Living in this condition required diligence and the weakness in Aeliza’s small frame generally had to be augmented with her Samurai techniques to smooth out the process, but the morning was good training for her and helped to prepare her for the ninja academy.

Before heading out she had one final activity. Vision training, The act of visualizing an opponent and the foundation of her new training method without her mother. It had been a good month of traveling that separated her from her traditional training regiment and despite going over these kata's since she was four it still seemed foreign to her in some way. Arguably more the feeling of being apart from her training rather than the idea that she didn't already know the fighting style she had been practicing since four. Her training started with a meditative visualization, Normally she practiced with her mother, but her father seemed to be the one to perfect the style so for this visualization she picked him. He sat and his voice rippled through her mind instructing the both of them to rise. The two then did so taking the core stance chest out legs back and hand on their respective blade. The mental image of her father rippling with a circle ice around him touching the very furthest parts of his reach. Within this mental battle her father stepped forward almost disappearing from her sight despite the casual walking pace only for her to answer his visage with her blade connecting first with his blade and then with his throat. After a calming second she turned back to where she initially envisioned her father, him sitting there with a smile on his face. She got back into position knowing her training was far from over he activated his private Ice shadow clone justu, transforming the imagined environment around them into an army of ice shadows, to which she then returned to her stance. The battle went on like this for a short while, actively cutting the illusions that entered her circle until the weight of her sword actively started to weigh her down. As the shadows approached she eliminated them two at a time before sheathing her blade, however; unlike normal something felt off about her training. Normally when undergoing this mental training there is some kind of sense of urgency, the shadow's pick up in speed, but now so far away from everything she knows they seem to slow down or even disappear as she loses track of them. Frustrated by this change she bows to her imagined father grabs her towel and prepares her post training bath, before setting off to meet with her family.

Aeliza having finally begun to depart to Isonade, the isle of mist and bamboo found boarding had been a simple task. the isle was the unofficial training ground for students often filled with stories of the great beasts that dwelled and hunted within the various cavernous networks within; still this ride had been the perfect time for her to reflect on her current situation. Born and raised outside the ninja lands she grew up on stories of her father’s days as a shinobi. Eager to learn her father had many reservations, so she ended up spending most of her youth training with her mother, who unfortunately never figured out the secrets of a ninja. Yet years of pushing and prodding the girl now found that she was here within the land of the ninja’s a statement that by sound alone carried an almost feather light feeling to it. Not that it wasn’t dangerous, when she traveled through the lands of iron on her way here she saw firsthand the type of destruction the powers of a ninja could bring as the plight and misery of those who remained there revealed, but even that disaster couldn’t quiet the hope in her heart.

Getting off the boat at 08:15 she hadn’t realized she had been so late, but that had given rise to the other problem in her mind. Her mother in an act of kindness had talked her distant relative into meeting her and helping her train. She probably thought it was important for her to get to know her distant family now that she would be staying so close by, but ever since she arrived she had been hearing disconcerting things about her cousin. Nothing immediately bad, more disconcerting; when she had introduced herself to others they would often bring him up. All the boys would get stricken with some kind of fear and would frequently call him out on his delinquency and disrespect towards his father, but more strange than when she talked with the boys were what the girls had to say. Apparently he was some kind of skirt chaser. He didn’t just capture the heart of one or two girls, but almost every one of them had something weird to say about him. With all the attention he apparently got, Aeliza had begun to fear her cousin was secretly a Wutong Shen or atleast some kind of delinquent skirt chaser. She however also had to meet with him; there was nothing she could do. It would be incredibly disrespectful to her mother if she didn’t and so with a huff of her breath and a guarded hand on her sword she moved towards the meeting place.

Technique Learned: Attack of the demon ice training over 403/200

This thread is missing some music, so... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k9nt2z6j1Q

Stamina: average
Reflex: average
Coordination: average
Wisdom: average
Theme music

Last edited by Not Not Akbar on Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Katsumasa had been waiting, growing ever more impatient, as his cousin failed to arrive. The cold air bit at him, the wind coming off the sea and embracing him with its frigid tendrils. By the time his cousin finally arrived, he was shivering mightily. He had been assured by his teachers and friends that eventually he would come to terms with the cold air, but for now it was a dreadful experience. Bah, maybe they were all lying to me! He spotted his cousin approach, coming out of the woods, and was surprised to see that she was no more than twelve years old, maybe younger – at least a foot shorter than he was.

He got up, still shivering and waved his left hand to her. ”Bah! Cousin, where have you been? Your young age is no excuse,” said the man who had been late to most classes, and had skipped even more. He didn’t wait to hear what she had to say, instead moving right to introducing himself. ”I am Katsumasa, eh. My mother told me that you wanted to learn ninjutsu, no? Well I know a thing or two about that, it’s true!” The man put a toothy grin on his face.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:33 pm 

Looking upon her cousin Aeliza swallowed her wariness. The fear of meeting someone knew welled up inside her as she looked him over, but she would not fall apart to such things. He was dressing lightly to the point of shivering in the cold as if to confirm he gets dressed with an ulterior motive. What's more from his hair, to his face, to his stature it is like he was molded from clay to pull peoples attention toward him. Still I am not the type to judge based on appearance. She thought to herself as she unconsciously squeezed the hilt of her sword.

Upon entering the clearing her cousin spoke to Aeliza. Something about chastising her for being late, though the content was mostly ignored as she froze like when the bunny in the snow see's a wolf. Her eyes raced up and down with a hard look on her face and as he introduces himself she nods dumbly slowly turning beet red as she works her way through her own thoughts placing a hand on her sword hilt gripping it while her knuckles turn white, before almost robotically bowing to his introduction, nearly tripping over her own arm as it barred her way by sitting on her sword; before introducing herself in one long run on sentence, " Yes i am kazehana Aeliza daughter of Lemouri Azali and kazehana Hartia it is an honor to meet you katsumasu san!" only getting some sense of feeling back into her overloading brain at the mention of ninjutsu she let go of her sword to complete her bow properly as she took a deep breath and finish, "and I want to learn ninjutsu if you are willing."

Theme music

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:33 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

The girl introduced herself as Aeliza, an odd name, though perhaps customary where she came from. He had never heard of anything like it in Kirigakure. The Samurai were a strange people, though; having ninjutsu WMD’s dropped on you – even a century prior – led to particularly strange people, or so he had been taught. She, indeed, wanted to learn ninjutsu – something he was a master at, all agreed. He loved the sword, and he was fan fucking tastic at that, as well, but his ninjutsu skill was almost as good.

”Okay then! I can teach you. First things first is that we need to find out your element. If you are a Kazahana, truly, then you will likely have uh...” He paused for a moment, remembering the water and the ice, but forgetting the wind element to the bloodline. He didn’t have wind, personally. ”Water or ice or the other one. My mother gave me this,” he said, drawing out a piece of paper from his trousers, and proffered it to the little girl. ”To give to you.” He wondered if what he was doing was, strictly speaking, legal. Bah, whatever! If he didn’t give his cousin a head up on her academy competition, was he really family?

”Try to flow your chakra through the paper and it’ll do something and tell us your element.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:07 pm 

Her cousin had brought out a piece of paper, it was a strange thing and almost called to her. Here it was in a place a thousand miles from home. The secret of ninjutsu and it all started with a simple piece of paper. She slowly and cautiously walked over he mind filled with voices and doubt. Her father had commented that it was not proper for a samurai to learn ninjutsu when she asked him and though her mother chastised him for that he never held off on his belief's. Taking the piece of paper she began to focus upon it. She had read about the art of ninjutsu in books, an expression and manipulation of internal energies into exterternal energies; however, as a samurai she was much more adept at repetition than any kind of spiritual practice. Focusing her internal energies seemed different, but as she thought onto the piece of paper she thought of ninjutsu for what it was a weapon. unconsciously taking the paper as an expression of that fact rather than change to reflect elemental capability, a blade grew from the slip of paper. Unsure of what it meant she turned to her cousin a face of blank uncertainty as she just stared at him and asked, "what does it mean?"

Technique used: Samurai Sabre technique
Stamina 45/50

Theme music

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:42 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

His cousin took the piece of paper, concentrated, and spawned forth a weapon. Eh? Is this girl stupid? That was his first thought and, never the one to hide what he was thinking, he said as much. ”Eh, are you stupid girl? It means you are clearly not doing it right. Try again, but this time think less about swords. I know it’s probably hard for a samurai but I believe that you will figure it out. You’re going to have to if you want to be a ninja! Think about fire, or wind or water, or some shit like that. Just let the chakra come out of you naturally, don’t try to make it do anything.” He crossed his arms and looked down at the girl, his foot tapping in that rhythmically impatient way that parents did when their children did something wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:04 pm 

Her cousins words shattered against her mind each one degrading and insulting. She hadn't been able to figure out where she went wrong. In preparation for moving to the land of water she began her training early. She couldn't physically practice, but she did read up on ninjutsu extensively. She didn't really get all of it or even most of it, but that didn't stop her from memorizing sections of the book and when she couldn't think of anything else she yelled back at katsumasu in frustration at his words, "Yin Yang Release or ninjutsu as it is more commonly known is the expression of the mixing of yin and yang release as yin relates to one's spiritual energy and Yang relates to one's physical energy and it's necessary to utilize both of these in order to mold chakra for ninjutsu As such the basis of simply kneading chakra and using techniques is based in Yin-Yang Release and that is what i did!", she finishes huffing air as her whole body shakes with adrenaline. "I took my inner energy and i turned it into a physical thing." she whispers out suddenly feeling much more alone so far from her home.

Theme music

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:20 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

It seemed he ticked off the young girl who started shouting at him, her volume not quite a yell or a scream, reading off the dictionary definition of ninjutsu. At least, he was going to take her word for it – he didn’t know what the fuck it was. He remembered vaguely his academy instructor teaching about it, but he had slept through that class in particular. Still, maybe he had taken it too far with the girl – she seemed close to tears, and by the end she was whispering. Naaaaaaaaaaaaah. She needed to toughen up if she was going to be a real ninja. ”Was that a physical thing? I saw some kind of glowy energy, not a physical thing.” He was a little jealous – he couldn’t make energy swords. He wondered what kind of secret samurai shit that was. ”Any idiot can do that. But you are a Kazahana! Once royalty. I know that you are able to do it. That is why I must be harsh on you – you are making me have to be harsh. But try again. It is like a Kata, no? Again, again, again, until it flows so smoothly that it might as well be water.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:39 pm 

No longer frustrated, but definitely not hopeful she tried to steel herself after her cousins pep talk?. He was sort of right, despite his insistence that it wasn't worth it she took her father's last name and if she was going to hold onto it she had to continue practicing. Retaking the piece of paper she continued to focus her energy into it, but again and again it didn't work. Quickly she began to mutter, "not sword, not sword, not sword." but even with that chant all that occured was the appearance of different weapons. First an axe, then a saw, then a grappling hook, and finally a spiked ball. Growing more and more frustrated throughout the exercise, she finally gave up. " i can't do it." she cried out trying to explain her failure to the floor handing the piece of paper back while trying to suppress a hiccup. "I guess my father was right."

Unbeknownst to her the piece of paper had softly frozen over become cold as ice and rigid from the thin layer of ice that covered its edges.

technique still in use: Samurai Sabre
stamina 40/50

Theme music

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:51 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

An armory of energy weapons spawned forth from her cousins hand, and Katsumasa’s lips did pursed downwards in that kind of respect or admiration that one did for something that impressed them. His cousin did not share his wonder for his technique, though, eventually handing back the paper to Katsumasa as she said, in a distraught expression, that she couldn’t do it – and that her father was right. Right about fucking what now? He grabbed the paper back, hesitantly, and took a sharp breath. The paper was colder than his nipples at the current moment.

”Eh? Can’t do what. You got it! Look at the paper! Bah, fuck your father girl, he doesn’t know anything. All it took was a little bit of tenacity. It is what Kirigakure is known for, if you didn’t know. I am surprised that you have ice as your first element, though – I hear that the Land of Iron is very cold. Maybe the cold infected your chakra network, eh?”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:07 pm 

"huh", she reacted dumbly to much stimulus had once again cooked her brain. Between the insult to her father, the adrenaline pumping through her veins and the apparent realization that she did it. The world around her turned into a whirl as she mumbled incoherently about accomplishing ninjutsu. Staring at the piece of paper for probably far to long wearing an expression likened to her cousin having had just grown a second head and she had been acquitted from a long trial judging her incompetence. she decided to ask, "can i have it?" as if the proof may suddenly disappear if she let it out of her sight.

Finally remembering the manners drilled into her by her parents she bowed deeply and said, "thank you for this lesson. I won't forget the kindness Katsumasa san."

Theme music

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:42 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

She asked for the paper and the Kazahana handed it over easily, and then put his hands behind his head. ”Eh? No problem. You have to take care of your useful family. And I think you will be useful one day.” He looked first at the rest of the clearing, unsure of what to do at that particular moment. Had he just taught her ninjutsu? He wasn’t sure, he had felt it had been a lot harder for him to learn it. It had taken him years. ”So, ah, you are joining the academy, yeah? Have the classes started yet?” He recalled his own academy life, and found he couldn’t even remember if the classes had started. Still, though, he had graduated, so he skipped out learning on all of that useless stuff he didn’t need to know. Like genjutsu mechanics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:08 pm 

"useful family?", she didn't quite understand. It felt weird to her to measure family based on value, but the more she thought about it the more it connected with the principles of being a samurai. Personal honor was important after all, although she felt it odd to judge loved ones based on their standing in society.
Quote:
”So, ah, you are joining the academy, yeah? Have the classes started yet?”
the question urged her to finish her thoughts. as she realized she was suddenly very tired. It seemed the effort behind channeling chakra was something her body hadn't truly been used to, though she promised herself she would practice every day. Getting back to the question at hand she shook her head decisively, "No I just moved in yesterday and School doesn't start for another two weeks after the winter solstice. I missed the starting of the year, but I was able to pass the first quarter test and they let me join late after a long talk with my parents."

Finally calming down she decided to venture an idea to her cousin, "Would you like to spar a bit, i tried some vision training earlier today, but it felt off and and i could use some help." she spit out the end in one single gulp of air.

Theme music

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

”Ah, I see. You must be very diligent to move to start training your first day here. Almost as diligent as I am.” She continued, asking him if he wanted to spar. He started sweating. Was he better than this girl? She was only like 8 or something. If he lost to an 8 year old academy student, everyone would laugh at him. These were not conscious thoughts, per se, and he swept his misgivings away – after all, if he declined a fight with an 8 year old academy student, people would probably laugh at him too. What came out of his mouth was a compromise that would leave him plausible deniability in most directions.

”Eeeeh, sure. I can do that. I’ll have to hold back though! I’d never hear the end of it if I hurt you. Bah, Bloody Mist village my foot.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:43 pm 

Confused by his non committal response she stepped back giving about fifteen feet of distance between the two and entered a quick draw position her chest out and her hand on her hilt in a quick draw position. "you are right, with my parents i never had to worry; but in this case i will try not to hurt you as well. Just tell me when you are ready and we can begin." She took a deep breath keeping an eye on her cousin waiting for the signal.

strength poor
constituion average
stamina average
reflex's proficient
coordination average major advantage
wisdom average

Theme music

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 am 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Katsumasa’s eyes narrowed in on his cousin as she stood there, hand on her Katana. What in the fuck is she doing? The genin drew his regular Katana, a smaller blade than his opponents, holding it in front of him, right hand over his left. The blade itself was kept horizontal, tilted slightly towards his opponent. He took a deep breath and moved forward, his left foot sliding forward as his right foot took a step forward, closing the distance between hisself and his opponent. He pulled back with his left hand, slashing at the top of his opponents head while still keeping the blade in front of him. The strength was such that the potential of killing his opponent was incredibly low. It was a testing strike, a prodding survey of his opponents abilities.

[Relevant Flaws/Attributes: Delicate Flowers - When engaged in combat with a woman, Katsumasa loses a minor advantage in wisdom.

Wisdom: Poor (Major Advantage)
Some other stats from Kenjutsu I don’t think I’ve picked yet RIP]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:27 am 

She prepared against the charge hand on her blade's hilt. Normal given her Odachi's weight and torque her sword would be impossible for her to draw, as it was as long as she was tall, but as she thrummed the blade with her internal energy its weight seemingly disappeared forcing the center of gravity to rest mostly on the hilt. As he approached she then drew her body inward towards her sword as her whole body wound up like a spring, Unlike her mother all of this was necessary to make sure the blade would clear her sheath in a manner that would allow her to complete the movement. Her cousin was certainly quick but he limited his power showing a lack of faith in his ability to avoid hurting her with his own strikes, a problem she didn't have.

In one complete motion she drew the blade of her sword it singing from the sheath as a silver bell danced on the hilt. The blade extended out extending even further with the sabre technique granting her a reach of ten feet rather than her normal seven. As the very edge of her blade connected with Katsumasa's she struck with a force rivaling that of epic level strength, A trail of ice crystals trailing behind the blade as the blade cuts through the mist; a cold wind radiating from it. Before the strike was even finished she winded up her body to fight the momentum of her first swing grabbing the hilt with her non dominant hand and swinging backwards in a strike that was even faster than the first aimed squarely at Katsumasa's stomach sheathing the blade again in a single motion as she had moved to prepare the sheath with her dominant hand.

Techniques used samurai sabre technique grants a B rank chakra flow. Sword becomes nearly weightless when it has a chakra flow running through it and all chakra flow elements are changed to ice.

stats the same as previously.
If it looks like the second strike will land for any reason then Aeliza will cut the chakra flow and the strength of the blow becomes a weak strike.
(my fighting style hasn't been approved yet, so we are both not fighting with a full deck at the moment lol, besides this way our stats are nearly even, so it should be better for the xp.)

Theme music

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:32 am 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Kazahana Katsumasa stood in one of the many training yards set up throughout Kirigakure no Sato. This was one of the training grounds dedicated to the learning of Kenjutsu – a staple of Kirigakure, there were many such set up around the village. Training dummies were set up throughout – most, made of straw, where a swordsman could practice his various katas. These were more than adequate for such base training. What Katsumasa stood in front of now was something far more advanced. Like many of their straw brethren, these dummies were mounted on a stick. However, they were made of stone – used totally to train a novice swordsman about the mechanics of chakra flow. Without it, the steel blade would shatter harmlessly on the stone.

The young shinobi in training stood, looking at the stone. It was a peripheral thing, secondary to the focus he poured into his blade. He tried to feel the soul of the blade itself, something he had practiced a hundred times before. This time, however, there were results – his blade erupted with that light blue that was his chakra, engulfing the blade. He made a slash, quick, efficient, and hewed several inches into the stone. It wasn’t enough, though – it wouldn’t be enough until he cut cleanly through it.

He started back at it. (Technique Trained Chakra Flow 218/100 Words)

His opponent launched her blade from her sheath quicker than he ever would have thought possible, and when she did, her whole blade looked like those weapons she had formed earlier. What in the hell?! Her sword struck the tip of his blade, but it didn’t stop there, it sliced the head of the blade clean off. She wasn’t done, though, making another swing. He let go of his katana as his left hand flashed to the tiger handseal. He retreated at a ninjutsu-enhanced pace to some ten meters behind him, the swing passing through where he had been. As he moved his right hand moved to reach for the odachi on his back – he reached his destination just as his first weapon fell to the ground. He slung the huge weapon off his back and held it in a two handed grip, flowing his chakra up it. It was a paltry comparison to what his foe was using, as it simply coated the weapon in chakra instead of morphing it.

His eyes narrowed in and he knew that he had to proceed more carefully. Even if she was a woman. He advanced cautiously this time, taking slow movements as he closed the distance. When he was roughly outside the range of his opponents blade, he switched into a full charge, sword held above his head. He jumped to his own right, though, and forward, when he reached his weapon’s range, and shifted the sword down to cover his left side as he made a horizontal cut at his foe – though it was at the middle of his own torso, it was significantly higher on his opponent.

[Techniques Used:
Chakra Flow – C rank (5 Points)
Body Flicker – D rank (2 Points)]

[Relevant Attributes:
Stamina Remaining: (43/50)]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:51 am 

His sword broke! This had never happened before and the act struck her dumb. Her opponent almost teleport-ed back in her daze, though she completed the movements of her strike regardless. He then coated the sword in his own form of the samurai sabre. It seemed different more akin to how her dad did it, rather than her mother; a thought that made a clicking feeling in her very bones. It all made sense now. That was a ninjutsu technique. Feeling excited about this new exchange yet still apprehensive about breaking more of her cousins swords. She dulled the the chakra blade that cloaked her sword forcing it to cover a much larger surface area than before, although she didn't understand that fact; as in her own mind she was just chanting, "please don't break." to herself in repetition. she waited until he finally began his charge and just when he was outside of her standard reach she swung her sword shooting out a beam of energy meant to throw off the weight of his stance before closing in with a second swing to the chest repeating the same movements as last time. As she landed she adjusted her footing to maintain a prepared stance for what was to come.

Techniques still in use Samurai Sabre technique
Stats the same
Stamina 30/50

Same as last time, she will cut out the sabre technique just before a hit lands if it looks like one is about it.

Edit: added music to my first post.

Theme music

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:19 pm 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

As he started his breakneck charge, his opponent brought out yet another surprise. She swung her sword – before he was in range for the strike to connect. Bah, what an idiot! Don’t the samurai teach their children distance eh? As he closed, though, the blade erupted with the spiritual energy that coated it, launching a crescent at him. Eh?! The crescent was thrown into the ground in front of him, and he skidded to a halt, his weight held too far forward for his liking. His cousin immediately followed up her ranged attack with a slash across his midsection. He twisted his blade towards the attack, catching it – off balanced as he was, he stumbled away from it a couple of steps. His left hand let go of the hilt of his odachi long enough to flash into the tiger handseal, speeding away to his right – away from his foe – three meters.

At the distance he was now, he returned to his comfortable stance, the sword held in front of him once more, in front of him. ”You are very good, cousin!” But I won’t lose to a samurai woman! The embarrassment would kill him quicker than her blade ever possibly could. He dropped his hand away once more to utilize the body flicker technique, charging his opponent as fast as he could. He charged in at an angle, looking to stop it when he was on the left side of his opponent. He pivoted on his feet and took a slash in at her, aiming to cut her where the shoulder met the bicep.

[Techniques Used:
Chakra Flow Technique (5 Points)
Body Flicker x2 (4 points)]

[Relevant Attributes:
Reflexes: Masterful (For the flickers)]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:01 pm 

Her cousin managed to defend despite his uneven footing, which was good; because it meant training could keep going. But he made some kind of hand seal yet again and flickered in and out of existence shooting straight back.

”You are very good, cousin!”

"Its because i learned from the best." she replied her face bristled with pride. After all a comment on her skill was an indirect praise towards her parents. Before she shook her head and returned the complement, "your really good too, The swordsmen I met on my pilgrimage through the land of iron weren't nearly as skilled.

It was then he repeated the handseal for a third time, only now she was ready for the consequences. she Took three steps to the right of her starting position and Focused her energy into her blade as she drew her sword while he was in mid flicker by the time he appeared she had already been in mid swing attempting to smash her sword in his chest while he was facing the wrong way. If she missed then she would move backwards and sheathing her sword to create distance.

Techniques used Samurai sabre, Iaido

stats for the first strike
reflex's proficient, coordination masterful

stamina 15/50

(as is standard for these two strikes and every strike after, if it looks like Aeliza will land a clean blow she will cut out the samurai sabre to avoid hurting anyone.

Theme music

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:07 am 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Katsumasa recklessly charged and found himself face to face (or rather blade to chest) with his cousin’s sword. It seemed she had found out his rudimentary tactic and had quickly drawn her blade out to fight him. He stopped as he felt the cold metal press against his pectoral muscles. He stopped moving, instantly switching from his aggressive stance to a more docile one, his sword hanging down by his side, the elongated blade resting upon the ground. He narrowed his eyes down at his familial opponent, and pursed his lips into a frown. He had literally walked right into that one, but he sure wasn’t going to admit it.

”Good! I was hoping that you wouldn’t let me flutter around like a butterfly. I’m glad you have learned the lesson. Always be looking for what your opponent is going to do, though I’m sure you know that.” He brought the sword up and laid it across his shoulders. He wasn’t used to the longer blade and his arm strained against the unusual wait.

”First point, to you! Let’s reset.” If she was amicable to the proposition he would walk back until there was a space of five meters between them, and hold the odachi in front of him. Ah, it’s an off day for me. I won’t let her catch me out again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 pm 

She had hit! It was rather rare for her to land a blow on an opponent, not because she lacked skill; rather the people she had sparred with in the past had tended to out class her so badly that it had always been about training until she ran out of steam and never a contest of who could actually strike the other. That isn't to say she never landed a blow, as she did spar once or twice with the pilgrims in the land of iron. Still as she relaxed and returned to her starting position, she could feel the heaviness on her body and the sweat on her brow. It seemed she was nearing the end of her energy. Still not wanting to disapoint her new teacher and more importantly for the honor of her parents as their student she entered the draw position and took a few deep breaths before confirming that they would continue, "Alright, any time you are ready".

Theme music

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 am 
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin

Katsumasa looked at his cousin as she returned to her ready position, seemingly exhausted by the fight. He had lost the first point, but he had that going for him at least. He was feeling just warmed up, his body finally ignoring the frigid cold that exploded upon the island. He brought his sword down into his own ready position once she signaled that she was ready to continue, holding the blade infront of him. If she’s really getting this tired, I should remain on the defensive… She’ll exhaust herself attacking me. But while his rational brain formulated a plan and tried to get him to do the smart thing, his regular mind was hard at work, convincing him that losing to a woman – or not just thoroughly trouncing her, was going to make him a laughingstock. Never mind the gender identity of the Mizukage.

He moved forward, holding his blade close, looking to close the distance between them.