The Naruto RPG

The Naruto Text Based Role Playing Game
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 12:22 am

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:00 am 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 am
Posts: 141
Mission Name: Investigate the Cavern
Requester: Leaf Park Rangers
Rank: C
Description: There’s word of disturbances from these old caverns in the woods of Konohagakure. We’d have the Park Rangers check it out themselves, but… these are the ancient caverns of some of Orochimaru’s old experimentation sites. Check it out… and don’t go in alone… There’s word these caverns still host the haunted souls of his victims.
Members Needed: 1-3 Genin, 1 Chuunin+
Requirements: 300+ words per post minimum
Reward: 30,000 Ryo
"That should about do it." She said to herself before pulling back to face herself in the mirror. Black and red hair littered the sink in front of her, empty bottles of bleach and dye were lined perfectly along it's edge. The girl who looked back at Kioko was one she hardly recognized. For once her hair wasn't asymmetrical. For once that lock of red didn't hang down, taunting her. She let out a sigh of relief, a whole lifetime worth of discomfort washed away in an instant. She ran a hair through her now shortened hair as a smile tugged at her lips.

A few hours, if that, ago she had been sharing thoughts and feelings with the Kazekage. His stifling aura still left her uneasy but something had changed afterward. She had been on her way to find Ritsuki when people began approaching her, suffocating her with questions or laughter from a joke she hadn't told. In her attempt to flee from them, she found herself in a nearby shop. She had always admired the hair dye there but had never been bold enough to try it for herself. Her encounter with the Kazekage had shook her down to the foundations. Perhaps this was the right time to build herself back up?

It was a herculean effort to purchase the dye from the store as other shoppers flocked or passed so slowly they almost haunted the Yamanaka. Despite that claustrophobic experience, she honestly couldn't remember feeling so good. Perhaps it was being away from the Kazekage's deathly aura, or perhaps it was because she finally had a question whose answer she could search after. What was it that made her clan special and moreover, what made her special? She had no clues or any kind of trail to follow after, but she had time, and she had Inahara to look up to.

The growing commotion of the village had prompted a few impromptu missions for the Genin to suddenly go on. While this was likely a way to keep the less trained away from serious danger, it was a welcome reprieve. Kioko wasn't sure if she could go back into anything as stressful as her last mission. Walking along the dirt paths she took meticulous steps. Each foot landed on flat earth. She stumbled here or there when there were too many twigs to step where she had felt comfortable, but in time she had managed to make her way to the clearing the mission had informed her of. She'd be working alongside only a single other Genin if the details had been correct. Two was infinitely better than three she thought. As always, however, she found herself early and waiting for her partner to arrive.
Note:
Unkilling Intent: Unlike Sakki, where the user exudes pure killing intention that causes visions of death or sometimes even paralysis, Kioko exhibits a rather opposite aura. When in the presence of Kioko players may experience a kind of lightness to their mood. This can be happiness, contention, they could even burst into laughter if they so feel it. She exhibits this aura without thinking of it and it affects others in varying and unique ways (obviously only if the player wishes their character to go along with it, can be ignored just like Sakki for whatever reason is given).

_________________
Fighting Styles:
Fuuinjutsu Specialist
Genjutsu Expert
Ninjutsu Expert
Sensory Expert
Ijutsu Expert

Stats:
Strength: Proficient
Constitution: Proficient
Stamina: Proficient
Reflexes: Proficient
Coordination: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:18 pm 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 pm
Posts: 34
Kara was walking back to the village along the forest path. She had just killed a bunch of bandits and was feeling pretty good about herself! For the most part. That stupid Uchiha boy had to make a show of saving her from an ambush while she was leaving. He probably waited until a dramatic moment to get her to be all grateful or something like that. Still, that bandit had almost gotten her! Irregardlesss of his intention she should probably thank him next time she saw him. Which would likely be very soon if the last few days were any indication!

The Uzumaki girl was greeted at the gate by a ninja student. This was odd! The young boy handed her a scroll. He said it had some orders on it. So of course she read the scroll and it said to go to a clearing to meet another leaf ninja to do ANOTHER mission! Wow they really were working her hard today! Of course, she WAS Kara Uzumaki, the creator of the Vajra Chain Taijutsu style and general bad ass. So of course they would want her help a lot. She looked at the scroll and it had a map. The map told her where to go. But she was hungry! She gave the boy some money and told him to go buy her some ice cream. She had to wait a few minutes until he came back. He had gotten cookie dough ice cream in a cone with chocolate sauce. The sauce would be messy but mmmm it would sure be tasty! She gave the boy a pat on the head and turned around to go back out into the forest to find the clearing where she was supposed to meet.

She just finished eating her cone and then she arrived. She felt happy and calm. That's odd. She was feeling pretty irritated earlier. Hmmmm. Maybe it was the ice cream? She saw a short haired girl waiting in the clearing. Maybe this was her partner for the mission!

"Hi! I'm Kara Uzumaki! Are you waiting for me maybe? Hope I didn't keep you waiting I just found out about this mission a little while ago!"


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:59 pm 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 am
Posts: 141
The quiet of the forest was nice compared to how hectic the village had been. While worry soaked her bones over just what was going on that she had been sent away from, it was eased by sounds of the forest. The birds chirped happily and every now and then the sounds of scurried movements of some kind of small critter filled the air. There was a content quality to the clearing. It wasn't anything impressive to look at, but it served it's purpose without any need for compliments or praise. In some ways the girl felt the same. She didn't expect anything more from her previous mission, and in some ways it had been more beneficial for her than for the village. A smile peaked it's way over her lips, greeting the sun above. Clasping her hands behind her back, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

A sound came from behind her, so energetic and loud compared to the calmness of the clearing that Kioko visually left the ground in shock. She turned to face the cause, chest heaving from the scare, to find a girl introducing herself. Her eyes immediately shot to the ground near Kara as she twisted her hands together behind her back. "Oh no, not too long." She replied sheepishly, a light tinge of pink rising to her cheeks. "I am Kioko Yamanaka, it's very nice to meet you." As she finished introducing herself in return her foot dug a little into the ground. "I uhm, I haven't done a mission like this before. Most of my missions I've had someone leading the way. I hope I am not too much of a burden." Thankfully she had managed to get through all of that without a stutter or repeating herself. It was a victory in that sense, and she felt a little better knowing things were going well so far.

_________________
Fighting Styles:
Fuuinjutsu Specialist
Genjutsu Expert
Ninjutsu Expert
Sensory Expert
Ijutsu Expert

Stats:
Strength: Proficient
Constitution: Proficient
Stamina: Proficient
Reflexes: Proficient
Coordination: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:55 pm 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 pm
Posts: 34
"I am Kioko Yamanaka, it's very nice to meet you." "I uhm, I haven't done a mission like this before. Most of my missions I've had someone leading the way. I hope I am not too much of a burden."

Kara listened to the short haired girl. She was blushing a little and seemed nervous! Uhoh that wouldn't do! If she was being honest with herself Kara would say that she often felt nervous or shy too but the best thing to do then was to say something loud and act tough! But she didn't want to scare this girl so she didn't want to act TO tough even if she felt a little nervous meeting someone new also.

"Hi Kioko it is nice to meet you also! I'm pretty new to missions also to be honest so don't feel like I am some expert who needs to take charge and lead. We can figure this out together! My last mission was pretty crazy. I tried to save a cat from a tree but it turned out it had been abducted by giant spiders! It was super icky but I did it!" Anywho, let's share a bit then we can get started. It is important to know what your team is capable of right?? Basically I can make super chains that attack things. They are really strong but I get tired if I have to use them too long. Your a yamanaka you said? Does that mean you can possess are enemies and make them do stuff? That sounds super cool!"

Wheh! Kara took a breath! then another! maybe she was a little nervous that was sure a mouthful. Still, her team mate seemed nice and not at all annoying so that was good in her book!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:48 pm 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 am
Posts: 141
Another jump, smaller this time, came with Kara's response. She was so energetic, the way you imagine someone after drinking too much coffee. She had the inflection of someone who wanted to tell a story, or at least had something to say and wanted it heard. A part of the Yamanaka couldn't help but smile as she listened to Kara talk. There was something innocent about it, like she was simply saying what was on her mind without thinking twice about it. Something so natural seemed almost alien to herself however. Rarely could she say anything without thinking it over at least a few times. Everything she said had to be right, if not the first time than the fifth. Listening to Kara speak so openly, she almost felt jealous. She probably would have, if it wasn't something so common for what seemed like everyone but herself.

To her surprise, after Kara finished about herself, the Uzumaki seemed to know a few things about her clan. Inahara and Enkou hadn't known much and it was nice to not have to explain everything from scratch. Her lips parted slowly, the way you creak a door open in the middle of the night to not wake anyone up. "Possess is a strong word." She began before pausing, "Though, I suppose, not an entirely inaccurate one, one, inaccurate one." Instinctively her hand shot down to her thigh, pinching it roughly. "Think fighting a sibling for something you both really want. You both have hold of it, and both struggle to take it from the other. That is what it's like when we use our techniques. I'm sorry if that doesn't make much sense, it's not the easiest thing to explain."

_________________
Fighting Styles:
Fuuinjutsu Specialist
Genjutsu Expert
Ninjutsu Expert
Sensory Expert
Ijutsu Expert

Stats:
Strength: Proficient
Constitution: Proficient
Stamina: Proficient
Reflexes: Proficient
Coordination: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:04 pm 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 pm
Posts: 34
"Hmm that makes really good sense actually!" Kara only new a little about that clan before but now she knew more. This Kioko girl did seem a little shy though. Maybe she just took some time to warm up? Meeting new people was usually awkward for everyone after all. Still they were ninja of the leaf and would work together to complete there mission! "Now I hope we run into some enemy ninjas so I can see your cool ability in action! I bet you get to see a lot of surprised faces when the enemys allies turn against them all of a sudden! Pretty tricky indeed! Anywhoo, I am guessing that is the cavern that we need to investigate up over yonder. Now that we have been introduced and everything should we get to it?"

If Kioko is ready Kara will lead the way to the cavern. She will be looking around and trying to be aware for surprise monsters or enemy ninjas who might be hiding there. She will think about getting her chains ready just in case but then decide not to cuz there isn't really a threat yet and she wants to save her power for when she really needs it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:01 pm 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 am
Posts: 141
A relieved sigh blew through her lips as her explanation proved satisfactory. Explaining concepts was definitely not one of her strong suits, and unfortunately her clan dealt a lot with concepts. Kara's enthusiastic exclamation about wanting to run into enemies only served to make Kioko all the more nervous. How could she explain that her techniques were much less practical than Kara believed them to be? Unless they were entirely caught off-guard or incapacitated in some way, using her clan's techniques was incredibly risky. Should she miss, her body would be left completely defenseless and she'd be even less help to Kara than usual. Slowly she nodded regardless of the turmoil she felt in her chest.

She followed behind Kara, slower than was likely expected as she probed for clear places to step. The woods were never a place she spent much time in despite their beauty. The ground was littered with twigs, branches, and all sorts of other debris that made walking difficult. As the two walked, Kioko closed her eyes for a moment and began to sense the area around them. Around them was clear but ahead lie a grouping of chakra signatures. Unsure of what to do, Kioko focused on Kara ahead of her.

Inside, I can sense them. There look to be around four different signatures up ahead.

Her lips hadn't moved but she was certain Kara had heard her. One aspect of her clan that she was unsure of Kara knowing, was their ability for short-ranged telepathic conversations.

_________________
Fighting Styles:
Fuuinjutsu Specialist
Genjutsu Expert
Ninjutsu Expert
Sensory Expert
Ijutsu Expert

Stats:
Strength: Proficient
Constitution: Proficient
Stamina: Proficient
Reflexes: Proficient
Coordination: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 pm 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 pm
Posts: 34
Woah you can talk in my head! That is awesome can you here me when I think really loud at you? Or if I think quitly like this can you hear me also? Wait, I don't want to give you a headache by thinking too loud do I need to worry about that? Um I don't even know if you can hear me so I feel kind of silly now. Anywhoo, thanks for the headsup about the chakra signitures! Let's creep up on them and get them. I am not really sure the best way to fight with someone like you though! Your powers seem super cool but should I like hang back and defend your body or are you cool on your own? I don't want you getting hurt you seem real nice and everything!

Kara took a mental breath. This sure was a lot to take in. She wondered if her new friend could even hear her thoughts but shrugged because there was nothing she could do about that. She wished she had thought to make a strategy earlier but oh well! She creeped up closer to where the chakra signitures might be based on the thought she had got stuck in her head. She couldn't see very well but she thought she saw some rough shapes in the dark just a little bit ahead!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:58 pm 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 am
Posts: 141
The sudden response from Kara flinched the Yamanaka. She had only spoken this way to a few people throughout her life and it was astonishing how different every reaction had been. I don't think I can tell a difference in volume. Was her immediate response. Could she tell a difference in volume? Inquisitively she tried to yell in her own head but it sounded no louder or quieter than usual. I can do more than just my clan's techniques, you need not worry about me. She was touched that Kara would jump to defending her so quickly, though it made her feel somewhat of a burden. Was that how her clan was viewed by those that did know of it? Inahara and Enkou had been ignorant of what her clan could do. Kara had known some of it's abilities and saw it as something needing defending. Kioko wasn't sure which was better and which was worse. Chewing her lip, she took a quicker step and falling closer in line with Kara. She knew herself to not be brave enough to take the lead, but she didn't have to trail so far behind.

The pair made their way into the cave and closer to the signatures ahead. Shoving her hands into her pockets, Kioko could feel them tremble against her thighs. The darkness reminded her of waking up next to the Kazekage after she had taken on his pain back at the hospital. It was uncomfortable and she was immediately reminded of that aura he gave off. Stopping, she moved back and pressed herself against the wall. The stone was cold and hard, the way the Kazekage had felt under her hand. She wasn't sure what to do next, but she knew that doing nothing was worse than doing the wrong thing. I will distract them, okay? She spoke into Kara's mind.

The silence of the cave was immediately interrupted by the flapping of wings. The shadows twisted and turned, roiling into a flock of crows. The birds shot into the air and toward the signatures ahead. There was the sudden sound of screaming as the murder scattered their way around the targets.

_________________
Fighting Styles:
Fuuinjutsu Specialist
Genjutsu Expert
Ninjutsu Expert
Sensory Expert
Ijutsu Expert

Stats:
Strength: Proficient
Constitution: Proficient
Stamina: Proficient
Reflexes: Proficient
Coordination: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:15 pm 
Offline
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 pm
Posts: 34
That's awesome you are so versatile I always feel like kinda a one trick pony you know? Don't get me wrong I have a lot of fun with my trick but I learned not to long ago that maybe learning some other stuff would help me. Luckily your here so I feel not so worried about that kind of stuff. OMG this mind stuff is so cool wish I could talk like this with everyone! Man tests and stuff would be pretty easy if you could talk with your team mates and share answers that would have rocked in the acadamey wouldn't it?

Kara watched her new friend create an awesome distraction. That was handy! She would be sure to not let the distraction go to waste. She launched herself at the enemies locations. She used her Uzumaki Vajra Chain Style Taijutsu to attack with her Uzumaki Attacking Chains! The enemies didn't stand a chance. 2 of them had there hearts busted out of there chests by the chains. Thinking quickly she grabbed the third one by its feet and dangled it upside down. It tried to squirm and do something sneaky. She sure wished she could see better in the dark down here but it was all shadows. She used her chain do gently bash her captives head against the floor to daze him a little. She didn't see any others near by so she thought it might be safe for a moment.

Thats all I see do you sense any others around here? I caught us this one can you read his mind and figure out anything? Not sure if it works that way but maybe it does right?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Theme Created by HOLLYSMOKE, Theme updated to phpBB 3.1.6 by KamijouTouma, Theme Version is 3.1.6-ss2
Naruto and Naruto Shippuden © Kishimoto Masashi. TNRPG is a non-profit website and claims no rights to the Naruto brand.
Weather Icons provided by Paolo Valzania and Icons-Land