The Naruto RPG

The Naruto Text Based Role Playing Game
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:19 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:03 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

Hanzo was in a period where he was feeling especially productive, be it after lengthy and extended training sessions with fellow Konoha-nin, or after the completion of a variety of both D-rank and C-rank missions. He had gotten used to the life of a shinobi and of its day-to-day implications, and the money that was coming in was certainly not to be neglected. Heck, at this point he could accept virtually any mission someone would give him the chance to involve himself in, as long as it paid. Whether that be in cash, or in experience.

And today, the mission he was chosen for (although this is a bold claim, it was probably offered to loads of ninja before finding one lowly enough to take it) was as un-flashy as it got. He had to admit that doing salami deliveries of all things seemed pretty lame, but as always, didn’t hurt to complete. After all, what else was he going to do on a sunny Saturday morning? Sleeping in wasn’t gonna provide him with anything good training-wise, and money-wise, so why not just get done with those deliveries and claim some ryo?

Besides, he was told that he’d be sharing the mission with a fellow genin, which ought to make it not only easier and shorter to complete, but straight up much more enjoyable. Not that he thrived under social circumstances or environments or anything like that, but it felt nicer to do something this boring if you had someone to whine about it to.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:17 am 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

Fame: 0
Infamy: 0
Renown: 0
Shiro was kind of annoyed that he had to go on salami runs this early in the morning of all things, right after his morning training, leaving him unable to finish his training off with his morning run. Instead, he chose to take his morning run and fuse it with making his way to the shop that was the meeting spot and the base of operations for this 'mission'.

Shiro likes to get to meeting points early as it cuts out any unnecessary waiting time and doesn't interrupt possible production time of whatever he is meeting up for. It makes it easier for everyone and more easy for himself. As he stands there waiting, and looking around, he watches the streets. He observes everyone that walks by at this time day and greets anyone walking past near where he is waiting. "There's not many people out this morning… Maybe it's just one of those days where everyone wakes up later than usual?" Shiro thinks to himself as he feels like he was forgetting something important. "Was today some special day and I just forgot about it? I am slow to up on somethings as I don't own a current technology like everyone else." He makes sure to look out for the genin that he was told was working with him on the mission.

Fifteen more minutes pass as he is waiting. "Where is he… or she actually. I don't know who this person is, let alone what I should think of them. All I know right now, is that they are prone to being late…" As Shiro thinks this, he realizes why his partner was so late and why there were so little people out on the street. It was because he completely forgot to do half of his morning workout because he was thinking about how annoying and a waste of time it is to just deliver salami.

Shiro lets out a sigh and shakes his head at himself, then looks up to the sky. "Well at least it is shaping up to be a nice day, in a weather sense, that is." He sits down and just meditates for a bit with Black Lightning.

Stamina: Proficient
Reflex: Proficient (+1 Tier w/ Kenjutsu)
Coordination: Proficient (Major Adv. w/ Kenjutsu)(Major Adv. w/ Ninjutsu)
Wisdom: Average
Tracking: Masterful (+1 Tier and Major Adv. w/ Kenjutsu)

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:37 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

He let out a loud sigh as he hurried his step once more, noticing a silhouette looking around fairly cluelessly, though to be honest he’d probably be doing the same if he was in that position. As he saw that silhouette finally halting their wandering around, he slowed down before coming to meet them. Hm, that was bound to be his partner, he thought to himself. Damn, was Hanzō late? He looked around for a clue about the time, not finding any. "Shit," he though to himself.

The Haruno lightly tapped the shoulder of the boy who seemed to be waiting at the meeting point. There weren’t many people crossing and wandering the streets this early on a weekend, and so it was more than likely that this was indeed Hanzō’s future partner. If he was not, the next few instants would be gruesome and, well, immensely awkward to say the least. “Hey, you must be, um,” he started, in the most awkward yet lazy-sounding, not-caring way. “You’re here for the salami mission right?”

He didn’t feel like many words needed to be said, really. Of course, the mission would be much less of a drag but Hanzō was never a goof or someone super talkative. Few words were plenty enough to express what needed to be expressed, so he cut right to the chase. “Do you have an idea as to, where to we’re supposed to get the salami?”

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:04 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

Shiro was sitting at the meeting spot, cleaning and sharpening all 4 of his blades as Hanzo walks up and taps him on the shoulder. He stops what he is doing for a second to look up at who had tapped him.

"Hey, you must be, um... You’re here for the salami mission right?"

Shiro goes back to his cleaning and responds to him.

"Hey, yeah I am. Are you the other shinobi that I am working with? My name's Shiro."

Shiro introduces himself as he is finishing up the cleaning, sharpening, and oiling of his Black Lightning, a Black bladed Katana. He looks down the blade, checking if it had maybe bent a bit during his training.

"I got here really early, so I thought I would finish off what I didn't get to during my morning training. I'm just about finished. Let's head out to Burt's shop to pick up the salami."

Shiro places all of his swords back into their sheaths. He stands up and puts them back into their respective spots on his body; Short Tonto over his left shoulder, long Tonto across his lower back, and Black lightning and O'Wakizashi on his left hip.

"You good to head out?"

Shiro heads out with the other genin towards the shop, taking in the nice weather that came along with the day.

"So, do you specialize in any specific justu or skills?"

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:22 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

He looked at him for a good minute, trying to get a sense of what type of shinobi he was right from the start. It wasn’t like it would matter much, far from it as this mission was as peaceful and quiet as it gets, but still. Konoha was a much smaller place than one would usually think shinobi-wise, and so he was more than likely to run into him again, be it in a mission or just in the streets. “Yeah, that’s me, for the salami mission as well,” he nodded, realizing just how lame this would be.

Well, at least the bloke looked talkative and curious, and based on the blades there was definitely at least one subject topic to discuss, one thing to learn from him. He followed his lead, though, towards the shop, which wasn’t too far away but still granted a little bit of time for conversation before they picked up the few deliveries required. “Specialization’s a big word, but I like to think I’m pretty decent ninjutsu-wise, taijutsu-wise. I’m guessing you’re not bad with swords, right?” It came off so terribly, but eh who really cares, the message got across.

Hanzō was always up for some conversation, without really being the talkative, extroverted epitome either. He was actually pretty bad at making conversation all in all, just because small talk always sounded kinda lame and useless to him. This might be his chance to improve on that though, especially seeing as that Shiro looked like he had a couple of interesting things about himself already.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:01 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

Shiro smirks and chuckles a bit. "Nice. Yes indeed I am 'not bad' with swords." Shiro gestures to the many blades he holds on his body and then attempts to point to his two packs that would normally be on his right hip for Shurikens, Kunai, and Senbon needles. The packs aren't there due to his rushing out of his home this morning.

When he notices that the packs aren't there he covers his face with his right hand and tilts his head back. "I actually forgot my packs this morning... I can't believe myself. Well besides that, I normally carry a good amount of shuriken, Kunai and Senbon. But back to the topic. My family specializes in blacksmithing and sword techniques. No one in my family is acknowledged by anyone as of yet because our sword skills aren't refined enough yet and my father doesn't want to sell his swords to the public because he doesn't want to potential sell a bad sword and have the people come after him. He is a timid man but I am trying to push more towards publicity and to build reputation and money so the generations that come after me within this family have a good start."

Shiro finishes speaking about his specialization just as they reach the shop. He looks up at it, then to his partner and gestures to the shop. "We have arrived. Lets go and get this annoying mission completed."

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:01 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

That bloke was surely talkative enough to spark up a conversation. It was Hanzō’s first encounter with a blacksmith in those types of circumstances, and he definitely enjoyed it despite his innate disliking of swords and skill-enhancing items in general. He could have nothing but respect to the hardworking people of the village, and knowing his parents were just like that, he nodded to everything Shiro said. “You sound like a pretty family-oriented man, good for you,” he uttered, as they stopped by the shop to finally pick up this delivery that had to be made.

One of Burt’s employees came down the hallway towards us, pointing towards two large bags of salami that would easily weigh north of 50 pounds each. That wasn’t gonna be much of a dandy delivery, that’s for sure. “There ya go lads, you’re right on time so try to keep that same discipline for the next half-hour! Can you uh,” he reached under a desk nearby, writing down two adresses and handing them down to the Haruno. “Yeah, so those two adresses, each bag is for a different individual. The bigger one is for the butcher shop, the smaller one is for Mr. Akimichi. Now, go!”

He gestured aggressively towards us, no hostility was involved but there was a hurried tone to his voice that indicated just how much this mattered to him. Yeesh, and they were so non-caring and easy-going. “You heard the man,” Hanzō said to his partner, grabbing one of the bags as he started heading towards the butcher shop. “I’ll be real with you, I’m not a huge fan of swords myself. Just feels like such a hassle to carry around this big an item at all times, when you could just work on skills that don’t require using those big items.”

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 am 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

Shiro curses silently under his breath. "Damn, are you serious? What do they need 50 pounds of salami for?" Shiro goes to lift the sack, but doesn't lift it from the start as he didn't expect it to be so heavy. "It's only salami... what the hell?" He then squats to lift it up with the whole of his arms and roll it onto his back. He does start out struggling with it but then gets it in a secure spot and then has an easy time carrying it.

"I am very family oriented. And you don't choose the sword. The sword chooses you... or in my case you are born the same time a sword is made and you are bonded to it and enhance it yourself as you go." Shiro gestures to his Black Lightning.

"Apparently I am supposed to be able to awaken it with the latent ability of the Kitajimas, but I haven't found any change or anything yet. So I train my hardest all the time." Shiro places his hand on the hilt of his sword while looking down towards it sympathetically almost as if it were a pet or sibling. "Even if it never awakens, I will still use it all the time because it looks damn beautiful."

He stops talking for a bit as they are walking as he thinks about how he can make himself better with the sword. He looks up and shrugs. "Don't miss understand though. What you said earlier about having to carry a sword around is a hassle and it would be better to focus on skills that don't require using them but a sword isn't an item to my family. It is a birthright. It's an extension of our body. It is our sibling, our family. And it doesn't interfere with our ninja practice because we start training with a sword at an early age. I can use ninjutsu and taijutsu as well." Shiro says this and turns his head towards Hanzo showing a big grin that reached his eyes.

The two make it to the butchers shop and drop the meat off quickly and head off to the second stop. "Maybe one day, we can spar and I can show you just how powerful I am without my sword and then with my sword. You will then truly know the potential of swords."

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:45 am 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

So Hanzō did end up learning a bit more information about his partner, not just about his swords and the tie he had to his family, but also about his clan. The Kitajima name was one he had never heard before, yet all those stories about swords being sacred to them and whatnot did end up interesting him a bit. Of course, the Haruno was never one for wielding his swords, and the godly perception his partner had of his weapon did weird him out a bit, but in the end who was he to judge someone based on their bloodline’s beliefs? He could probably even learn a thing or two about him, when all this was over.

He allowed him to speak his mind, to develop what he meant by this relationship with this sword. He looked very career-oriented, to say the least, and interestingly enough, he mentioned the idea of a spar as they concluded the first half of the mission, their first delivery. “Sounds good, I don’t mind takin’ you up on that offer. Hopefully you’ll last for all two fights,” he commented, a sly grin and a light laugh coming out of him as he concluded his sentence. He knew that his ability was nowhere near that of most genin in the village, and yet he was just playful enough in his comments to give off a slightly confident vibe. That wasn’t a bad thing in itself, actually.

“I’ve always wanted to like swords, but honestly I like my ninjutsu a lot more. Maybe I’ll show you what I mean, like you said, in a quick little spar one day.” He knew he wasn’t going to let that idea go. As an official genin, Hanzō had yet to have sparred with someone else of similar rank, and most of his training was done solo. But knowing just how different their fighting styles would be, he knew that this would be an ideal opportunity for him to learn how to counter kenjutsu users. They drew nearer and nearer the last meeting point, and they could see the store from a distance. Whew, almost over, he thought to himself.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:08 pm 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

Shiro smirks and closes his eyes and shrugs. "Well, we won't know what will happen until we actually have a spar." He notices the last stop, where the salami is to go, is only a few blocks away now. Shiro draws his blade and imitates a quick three slash combo against the air. A downward slash that curves off to the left, then a slash from left to right at a slightly upward angle, and finally a slash from right to left at the same angle as the last slash. A leaf starts to slowly fall in front of him and he immediately releases a quick upward slash straight through it before bringing his sword back to it's sheath. He then turns to Hanzo with a proud face as he successfully performed his skills.

They reach the drop off spot and deliver the salami. Once that is done, Shiro turns to Hanzo and grins. "Well that's that. I'll head out and report to the hokage quickly so I can get back to training. You can come along if you want but I'm not wasting any time. Whenever you want to have that spar, come find me. Normally during the afternoon I am spending time meditating in an open field out in the Konoha forest." Shiro Darts off towards the Hokage's office as fast as he can, almost testing himself to see how fast he is currently and how much he has grown since the last time he measured his speed.

[Exit.]

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:03 am 
Konoha Genin
Konoha Genin

This whole spar idea was very tempting, and strangely enough the talkative nature of his partner did mesh well enough with Hanzō’s more listening-oriented way of interacting. He exhaled loudly, a light smirk on his face as he pondered what could possibly go wrong. He might as well take him up on that offer, though agreeing to it right now might put him in a, well, delicate position. He decided to simply give a friendly, acknowledging nod to that, as they finally arrived to the last drop-off destination, giving the salami to the merchant.

Shiro seemed, however, already tired of this mission, and quite hastily hurried back to report to the Hokage’s office and to claim his reward. “Yeah, for sure, I’ll see you later man, ’twas nice to meet you,” he said, before going back inside and ordering a cup of tea. Chamomile, that was his shit. Perfect way to wake oneself up, and the atmosphere around him was so perfect and encouraging. People started to fill the streets, the chirping of the birds announced a beautiful day, and yet Hanzō had an uneasy feeling about the future. “No matter,” he whispered to himself, thinking rather joyfully about the reward he’d finally grab by the Hokage’s office later today.

[Exit.]