The Naruto RPG

The Naruto Text Based Role Playing Game
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 12:38 am

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:33 pm
Posts: 169
Name: Poncho Binding
Rank: B
Cost: 10
Range: Line-Of-Sight
Type: Genjutsu
Sub-type: Supplementary
Elemental Affinity: n/a
Notation: Secret Technique
Handsigns: Ox→Horse→Ram
Lore/Flavor: The target is constricted by Arid's poncho, rendering them immobilized.
Description: Arid triggers this genjutsu by removing her poncho and throwing it at them. The target will experience the poncho wrapping itself tightly around them, no matter how big the target is. The poncho will continue to constrict the target, and immobilize them.
Drawbacks: Arid can only use this on one target at a time.

_________________
Image
"He sat a few seats down from what looked like a living poncho"
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
--Stats--
Fighting Styles:
  • Poncho Paragon - "Where's my poncho? I can't exist without my poncho!" ~Arid Azahara
  • Genjutsu Specialist
  • Ninjutsu Expert (Chosen Element: Fire)
  • Taijutsu Expert
  • Sensory Expert
Attributes:
  • Strength: Average (+ Maj Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Constitution: Masterful
  • Stamina: Masterful
  • Reflexes: Masterful (+ Min Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Coordination: Masterful (+ Maj Adv., Nin Expert)
  • Wisdom: Masterful
Elements:
  • Earth Release
  • Wind Release
  • Fire Release
  • Disco Release


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:26 am 
Online
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:02 am
Posts: 6423
Quote:
Name: Poncho Binding
Rank: B
Cost: 10
Range: Line-Of-Sight
Type: Genjutsu
Sub-type: Supplementary
Elemental Affinity: n/a
Notation: Secret Technique
Handsigns: Ox→Horse→Ram
Lore/Flavor: The target is constricted by Arid's poncho, rendering them immobilized.
Description: Arid triggers this genjutsu by removing her poncho and throwing it at them. The target will experience the poncho wrapping itself tightly around them, no matter how big the target is. The poncho will continue to constrict the target, and immobilize them.
Drawbacks: Arid can only use this on one target at a time.
Approved

_________________
Image
Character Info:
Name: Taiyō Hozuki
Age/Height/Weight: 15, 5'5, 105 lb.
Rank: Genin of Kirigakure

Stats:
Strength: Average
Constitution: Proficient
Stamina: Masterful
Agility: Proficient
Dexterity: Epic
Wisdom: Masterful

Fighting Styles:
Genjutsu Specialist
Kugutsu Specialist
Fuinjutsu Novice
Kuchiyose Adept


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:39 am 
Offline
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:33 pm
Posts: 169
Name: Sunstroke
Rank: A
Cost: 15 SP
Range: Line-Of-Sight
Type: Genjutsu
Sub-type: Offensive, Supplementary
Elemental Affinity: N/A
Notation: Secret Technique
Handsigns: Tiger→Dog→Monkey→Bird→Horse
Lore/Flavor: Arid causes her target to feel as though the sun is beaming down on them, growing hotter and hotter until they eventually succumb to perceived heat exhaustion and faint.
Description: Triggering the genjutsu requires the target to see the sun in their view, even peripherally. From then on, they will perceive their own internal temperature and the temperature around them as growing hotter by the minute. As time passes, they will become more and more exhausted by the intense heat. During this, Arid is free to continue moving in combat unhindered. If the target stays in this genjutsu for two consecutive posts, their stats will be debuffed as follows:
  • Major Disadvantage to Wisdom
  • Major Disadvantage to Reflexes
  • Major Disadvantage to Coordination
The target will succumb to heat exhaustion and faint if they remain in this genjutsu for 4 consecutive posts.
Drawbacks: Requires the target to look into the sky, whether willingly or otherwise. Cannot be used in scenarios where the sun is not out or would otherwise be absent.

_________________
Image
"He sat a few seats down from what looked like a living poncho"
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
--Stats--
Fighting Styles:
  • Poncho Paragon - "Where's my poncho? I can't exist without my poncho!" ~Arid Azahara
  • Genjutsu Specialist
  • Ninjutsu Expert (Chosen Element: Fire)
  • Taijutsu Expert
  • Sensory Expert
Attributes:
  • Strength: Average (+ Maj Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Constitution: Masterful
  • Stamina: Masterful
  • Reflexes: Masterful (+ Min Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Coordination: Masterful (+ Maj Adv., Nin Expert)
  • Wisdom: Masterful
Elements:
  • Earth Release
  • Wind Release
  • Fire Release
  • Disco Release


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:47 pm 
Offline
Konoha Jonin
Konoha Jonin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:56 am
Posts: 1948
Infamy: 0
Jutsu List: memes
Location: Konoha
Quote:
Name: Sunstroke
Rank: A
Cost: 15 SP
Range: Line-Of-Sight
Type: Genjutsu
Sub-type: Offensive, Supplementary
Elemental Affinity: N/A
Notation: Secret Technique
Handsigns: Tiger→Dog→Monkey→Bird→Horse
Lore/Flavor: Arid causes her target to feel as though the sun is beaming down on them, growing hotter and hotter until they eventually succumb to perceived heat exhaustion and faint.
Description: Triggering the genjutsu requires the target to see the sun in their view, even peripherally. From then on, they will perceive their own internal temperature and the temperature around them as growing hotter by the minute. As time passes, they will become more and more exhausted by the intense heat. During this, Arid is free to continue moving in combat unhindered. If the target stays in this genjutsu for two consecutive posts, their stats will be debuffed as follows:
  • Major Disadvantage to Wisdom
  • Major Disadvantage to Reflexes
  • Major Disadvantage to Coordination
The target will succumb to heat exhaustion and faint if they remain in this genjutsu for 4 consecutive posts.
Drawbacks: Requires the target to look into the sky, whether willingly or otherwise. Cannot be used in scenarios where the sun is not out or would otherwise be absent.
Approved

_________________
Image

Cool info stuff found below:

Image
Welcome, human! Below you'll find my statistics, enjoy your stay..

Attributes:

Strength: Average
Constitution: Average
Stamina: Masterful
Coordination: Average Minor
Reflexes: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient

Fighting Styles:

Ninjutsu Specialist
Sensory Major

Elements:
Mokuton
Suiton
Doton


Spent Character Points: 5000
Unspent Character Points: 0
Active Character Points: 5000


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 am 
Offline
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:33 pm
Posts: 169
Name: D̶i̶s̶c̶o̶ ̶R̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ Arid Style: Fan The Fire
Rank: S
Cost: 20 SP
Range: Close-Mid
Type: Ninjutsu
Sub-type: Offensive
Elemental Affinity: Katon, Fuuton, Doton
Notation: Secret Technique
Handsigns: Tiger→Bird→Snake→Dragon→Ox→Dog
Lore/Flavor: Arid performs a series of strikes while using her three elemental releases in tandem.
Description: The act of performing this technique is not unlike that of the martial arts-inspired bending techniques from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Arid puts her entire body into this sequence. The sequence of motions goes as follows: striking forward while using Great Breakthrough to throw them off-guard, uppercutting while using Earth Release Barrier: Earth Prison Dome of Magnificent Nothingness to ensnare them in place, and finally using Great Fire Destruction to incinerate the target.
Drawbacks: Requires Katon, Fuuton, and Doton. Additionally, this technique requires the user to have previously trained the following techniques:

_________________
Image
"He sat a few seats down from what looked like a living poncho"
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
--Stats--
Fighting Styles:
  • Poncho Paragon - "Where's my poncho? I can't exist without my poncho!" ~Arid Azahara
  • Genjutsu Specialist
  • Ninjutsu Expert (Chosen Element: Fire)
  • Taijutsu Expert
  • Sensory Expert
Attributes:
  • Strength: Average (+ Maj Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Constitution: Masterful
  • Stamina: Masterful
  • Reflexes: Masterful (+ Min Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Coordination: Masterful (+ Maj Adv., Nin Expert)
  • Wisdom: Masterful
Elements:
  • Earth Release
  • Wind Release
  • Fire Release
  • Disco Release


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 am 
Offline
Missing-nin S-rank
Missing-nin S-rank
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:03 pm
Posts: 4603
Fame: 0
Quote:
Name: D̶i̶s̶c̶o̶ ̶R̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ Arid Style: Fan The Fire
Rank: S
Cost: 20 SP
Range: Close-Mid
Type: Ninjutsu
Sub-type: Offensive
Elemental Affinity: Katon, Fuuton, Doton
Notation: Secret Technique
Handsigns: Tiger→Bird→Snake→Dragon→Ox→Dog
Lore/Flavor: Arid performs a series of strikes while using her three elemental releases in tandem.
Description: The act of performing this technique is not unlike that of the martial arts-inspired bending techniques from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Arid puts her entire body into this sequence. The sequence of motions goes as follows: striking forward while using Great Breakthrough to throw them off-guard, uppercutting while using Earth Release Barrier: Earth Prison Dome of Magnificent Nothingness to ensnare them in place, and finally using Great Fire Destruction to incinerate the target.
Drawbacks: Requires Katon, Fuuton, and Doton. Additionally, this technique requires the user to have previously trained the following techniques:
I feel as though this technique reduces 13 handseals (counting placing hands on the ground as a seal, I guess) and 35 SP into 6 handseals and 20 SP. I can't really approve that.

In addition, it takes separate techniques and makes them a single one with a single activation at the very beginning, which I'm also dubious about - especially since all three are different elemental releases.

_________________
All I believe, is it a dream
That comes crashing down on me?


Stats:
Str: Legendary
Con: Masterful
Sta: Legendary
Coo: Legendary (Godlike with Taijutsu)
Ref: Legendary (Godlike with Taijutsu)
Wis: Legendary (Godlike with Fuuinjutsu)

Skills:
Taijutsu Paragon
Fuuinjutsu Master
Ninjutsu Master
Ijutsu Adept

All I own,
Is it just smoke and mirrors?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:36 pm 
Offline
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:33 pm
Posts: 169
More handseals? Youuuuu got it.
More SP? Cannnn do.

As for the, uh, the multiple techs thing, I suppose more seals will help this case but I opted to include the appropriate elemental seals for each technique, so it would at least be semi-logical that she could have these techs stored for a brief period before firing them off? Dunno.

I'm open to suggestions, tho. Disco Release must live on!

_________________
Image
"He sat a few seats down from what looked like a living poncho"
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
--Stats--
Fighting Styles:
  • Poncho Paragon - "Where's my poncho? I can't exist without my poncho!" ~Arid Azahara
  • Genjutsu Specialist
  • Ninjutsu Expert (Chosen Element: Fire)
  • Taijutsu Expert
  • Sensory Expert
Attributes:
  • Strength: Average (+ Maj Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Constitution: Masterful
  • Stamina: Masterful
  • Reflexes: Masterful (+ Min Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Coordination: Masterful (+ Maj Adv., Nin Expert)
  • Wisdom: Masterful
Elements:
  • Earth Release
  • Wind Release
  • Fire Release
  • Disco Release


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:24 am 
Offline
Konoha Jonin
Konoha Jonin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:56 am
Posts: 1948
Infamy: 0
Jutsu List: memes
Location: Konoha
combining elemental jutsu just don't work that way, as I've explained on Discord. You'd need to activate them each individually, which means you'll pretty much need to make hand seals between the different actions.

_________________
Image

Cool info stuff found below:

Image
Welcome, human! Below you'll find my statistics, enjoy your stay..

Attributes:

Strength: Average
Constitution: Average
Stamina: Masterful
Coordination: Average Minor
Reflexes: Proficient
Wisdom: Proficient

Fighting Styles:

Ninjutsu Specialist
Sensory Major

Elements:
Mokuton
Suiton
Doton


Spent Character Points: 5000
Unspent Character Points: 0
Active Character Points: 5000


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:00 am 
Offline
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:33 pm
Posts: 169
Name: Demonic Illusion: Fated Retribution
Rank: B-Rank
Range: 30m
Type: Genjutsu
Sub-type: Supplementary
Elemental Affinity: N/A
Notation: N/A
Handsigns: Ox, Ram, Tiger
Lore/Flavor: Arid uses the target's attacks against them, deciding to engage them with Genjutsu rather than direct combat.
Description: Arid lets out a wave of chakra forward in the listed range and casts the Genjutsu on her target. Once the trigger of striking her is met, the Genjutsu takes hold. Until the Genjutsu is broken the enemy, whenever they deal a successful blow, sees an image of themselves that takes over the target that they struck. The mirrored image then proceeds to repeat whatever action the original did, inflicting the same blow/slash/jutsu onto the affected victim. The pain that the inflicted opponent feels from their image can not break the Genjutsu.
Drawbacks: Normal Genjutsu drawbacks apply. The image only appears when the enemy lands a successful attack. As the technique is a mirror, the opponent has exact knowledge of what is coming their way once they figure out the technique.

Image

_________________
Image
"He sat a few seats down from what looked like a living poncho"
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
--Stats--
Fighting Styles:
  • Poncho Paragon - "Where's my poncho? I can't exist without my poncho!" ~Arid Azahara
  • Genjutsu Specialist
  • Ninjutsu Expert (Chosen Element: Fire)
  • Taijutsu Expert
  • Sensory Expert
Attributes:
  • Strength: Average (+ Maj Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Constitution: Masterful
  • Stamina: Masterful
  • Reflexes: Masterful (+ Min Adv., Tai Expert)
  • Coordination: Masterful (+ Maj Adv., Nin Expert)
  • Wisdom: Masterful
Elements:
  • Earth Release
  • Wind Release
  • Fire Release
  • Disco Release


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Poncho Power
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:58 am 
Offline
Kiri Jonin
Kiri Jonin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 am
Posts: 2317
Fame: 0
Infamy: 0
Oh hey

Image

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Image
Ninjutsu Expert
Kyujutsu Master
Fuuinjutsu Specialist
Sensory Expert

Strength: Proficient w/Minor (Epic w/Kyujutsu)
Constitution: Proficient
Stamina: Masterful
Reflexes: Masterful (Major Advantage w/Sensory)
Coordination: Epic (Major Advantage w/Kyujutsu, Major Advantage w/Ninjutsu, Major Advantage w/Sensory, Legendary w/Drawing)
Wisdom: Masterful (Epic w/Fuinjutsu)

Wind
Lightning
Water


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Theme Created by HOLLYSMOKE, Theme updated to phpBB 3.1.6 by KamijouTouma, Theme Version is 3.1.6-ss2
Naruto and Naruto Shippuden © Kishimoto Masashi. TNRPG is a non-profit website and claims no rights to the Naruto brand.
Weather Icons provided by Paolo Valzania and Icons-Land