Chikamatsu, Kyōsuke | 近松・京介
6'7" (200.7 cm)
186 lb. (84.4 kg)
Zetsumu (絶無, lit. nothing) to those who know the name he took as an ANBU
Faction of Origin:
Hokori — Jinton (Dust Release)
B-Project's Momotarō Onzai.
Theme Song: Mystery Skulls - Live Forever
The orange-red glow of smouldering embers.
I am the master of my world.
Doton, Jinton, Katon
Kyōsuke is the kind of man who manages to fill a room in more ways than one; between his usually-oppressive manner, his height, and his rank, the feeling and look of control that Kyōsuke maintains are almost absolute. Apart from his height, he has also inherited his more-pale-than-average complexion and his angular features, as well as a couple of mannerisms; a near-compulsive level of attentiveness to appearance, and a deliberate manner of speech.
Any skin Kyōsuke leaves bare is entirely unmarked by scar, despite his service as a shinobi having lasted longer than twenty years. This is not for lack of scars, as his chest and back bear many, but rather for his own attention to the wear his body has undergone, as well as how his appearance differs from the way that he wishes to be perceived. His hands likewise bear a set of scars, which he obscures with gloves. His eyes remain the singular feature of his that neither can nor wishes to change; born with complete heterochromia, Kyōsuke's right eye is a bold umber, while his left is a dull grey-blue.
With regard to expression, he is of a similar duality, as his eyes and face very rarely agree on displays of emotion. Where his eyes, to a perceptive person, can speak many and more volumes of grief or joy or hate, his face universally seems incapable of any of the same. As such, to those who know him well, even the slightest hint of a twist of the mouth, beyond an occasional wry grin, often says more than the man himself could convey in words. Whether or not his passive expression is a grin related to some joke to which he is privy to that others are not, a smirk of contempt, or is just a meaningless resting position is neither something immediately evident nor something Kyōsuke would reveal to another if asked.
His speech is slow, deliberate, and carefully infused with a dry sense of humour, Kyōsuke speaks with a kind of purpose that can warp the dynamic of any conversation as much as his presence could ever alter the dynamic of a room. His inflection, never wavering upwards from a firm baritone, frequently ranges further than his face in terms of expression (though the degree of honesty associated with the inflection of his voice alone is no greater for him than it is any other mercenary).
At rest, the manner in which he stands eerily appears both much to lax for a soldier and much too aggressive to be relaxed—a trait that is carried over no matter how he is found; resting, sitting, walking, or standing—as if Kyōsuke is positioning himself to control each environment he is in. While sitting, his legs are often spread wide and he will often lean on any nearby available surface; while walking, his strides are long and purposeful. In every instance, Kyōsuke caries himself in such a manner as to both consume a large enough proportion of the available space as to require others to position themselves around him, while doing so casually enough to prevent it from appearing intentional.
Kyōsuke has, since his reconciliation with his father, retired the garb found to be most frequent in use among the shinobi of Sunagakure no Sato: the dust-brown flak jacket and accompanying armouring, as well as the tight-fitting black shirt and pants. Instead, he has taken to wearing light, loose, white-on-off-white kimono with similarly-loose and similarly white pants. Since becoming Kazekage, he has been wearing the Kazekage's cloak over his kimono, with the hat typically hanging around his neck on his back.
Kyōsuke is typically an assertive, fair, passionate, prudent, and shrewd person, whose better qualities are often suppressed by his worst; he is a callous, cynical, domineering, rigid person, willing to engage in actions usually considered too severe to be taken, whose character is oppressive to most others in his presence. He is not unsympathetic, but neither does his sympathy extend to most people. His regard for and loyalty to the abstract idea of his village is strong, but not absolute, much as is his loyalty to any person that he trusts. His loyalty to and love for his remaining family is beyond reproach (his care for his niece, for example, is akin to that of most people for a child of their own).
Story Thus Far
- Likes: His niece; his job; power; holding information over others' heads; torigai and onomi
- Dislikes: Traitors; stagnancy; the fear of being forgotten; being forgotten; Kumogakure; snow; goat or legumes of any kind in any dish
- Goals: Enshrining his legacy into the annals of history; being able to shout 「俺が最強だ!」 and being correct about it
- Alignment: Lawful Evil
Points and Currency
Total Character Points:
Active Character Points:
Unspent Character Points:
1,200 / 2,000
Might, Will, and Fate
- Fūinjutsu Specialists can understand, learn, and use fūinjutsu. They are automatically trained in the Enclosing Technique and the Unsealing Technique, and receive three scrolls which, if lost, they can replace upon entering a village (unless that village is hostile to the character). They are well-versed in analyzing, formulating, and disrupting seals. They receive a tier to their Wisdom when using fūinjutsu or interacting with seals and they can create any of their seals without paper or tools, transforming their calculations into ink with nothing but chakra at a touch. Fūinjutsu Specialists can create up to S-Rank customs for fūinjutsu.
- Genjutsu Specialists can understand, learn, and use genjutsu. They may bypass the requirement to state the use of A-Rank genjutsu, and may pierce genjutsu of A-Rank and below without the use of Genjutsu Kai's hand seal (though they still have to expend the Stamina). For every tier of Wisdom a Genjutsu Specialist has over an opponent, their genjutsu is treated as a rank higher for the purposes of the cost of piercing the genjutsu with Genjutsu Kai (with a maximum effective increase of two ranks, and with a maximum of S-Rank). Genjutsu Specialists are able to pierce genjutsu affecting their allies from up to 30 meters away with Genjutsu Kai (though in order to do this, they are always required to use Genjutsu Kai's hand seal). Genjutsu Specialists train genjutsu at half their normal word count. Genjutsu Specialists can create up to S-Rank customs for genjutsu.
; tier to Stamina and Wisdom - Taijutsu Specialists can understand, learn, and use martial arts techniques. They are trained in the locations of a body's weak points, as well as how best to strike them. They select a specific taijutsu style as their "signature style". Taijutsu Specialists receive a pool of 60 Stamina Points that may only be spent on their signature style and its subtechniques. Taijutsu Specialists track movement at a tier higher than they would otherwise be able to track, and they receive six advantages to any of their Attributes when performing taijutsu; the distribution of the granted advantages must be selected at the time the Specialist rank in the Taijutsu Skill is acquired, and cannot be allocated in increments greater than a single tier to any one Attribute. Taijutsu Specialists can create up to S-Rank techniques for taijutsu.
- Hyakki Yagyō
- Kuchiyose Experts understand summoning contracts, and can learn and use summoning techniques. They can create their own custom contract with a unique type of creature. They are automatically trained in the Summoning Technique. Kuchiyose Experts are familiar enough with the process of summoning they can perform the Summoning Technique without the use of hand seals. They may choose one summon to be their "partner". Partnered summons receive a Major Advantage to the Attributes that are their summoner's highest and second-highest base Attribute (if multiple Attributes are the Kuchiyose Expert's highest or second-highest Attributes, they may select which Attributes are affected, respectively). A Kuchiyose Expert's talent with and knowledge of summoning contracts allows them to sign a second contract (though they can still only create one custom contract; effectively, this allows a Kuchiyose Expert to sign a contract belonging to another person in-character). They have three slots for summons and can create up to S-Rank custom summoning techniques.
- Katon; Doton: Daichidōkaku
- Ninjutsu Experts can understand, learn, and use ninjutsu. They use half as many hand seals as would otherwise be required for all techniques (which may reduce the number of required hand seals to zero). Ninjutsu of a chosen element are treated as a rank more powerful (up to a maximum of S-Rank; if an Attribute-boosting technique has its power increased in this manner, its returns also diminish at a Minor Advantage less per tier). Ninjutsu Experts receive a Major Advantage to their Coordination for the purposes of aiming, and can perform hand seals as if the Attribute used were a Major Advantage higher for all techniques. Ninjutsu Experts may select a technique that they know, and permanently reduce the number of hand seals required to use it to one (this reduction does not stack with any other reduction). Ninjutsu Experts receive a pool of 60 Stamina Points that may only be spent on ninjutsu. They can create up to S-Rank customs for ninjutsu.
- Sensory Adepts understand chakra signatures, and can learn and use sensory techniques. They are automatically trained in the Sensing Technique. Using this technique, a Sensory Adept is capable of sensing up to six chakra signatures at once on the battlefield, within a 200-meter range. Sensory Adepts are capable of sensing the intent, amount (as represented by Stamina), and nature transformation of chakra. Sensory Adepts are capable of passively sensing beings with enormous chakra; they are alerted if anyone with Legendary or higher Stamina enters their sensory range (even if the Sensing Technique is not active). While the Sensing Technique is active, Sensory Adepts gain a Minor Advantage to their Reflex and Coordination for the purposes of evasion. Sensory Adepts can create up to A-Rank customs for sensory.
Shunchō | Custom Techniques Thread
Chōchingyōretsu | Contract Techniques Thread
Legendary (250 SP, 60 SP with Ninjutsu; Godlike, 250 SP, 60 SP with Taijutsu)
Masterful (Major Advantage with Ninjutsu, Minor Advantage with Sensory)
Masterful (Minor Advantage with Sensory)
Legendary (Major Advantage with Genjutsu, Godlike with Fūinjutsu, Godlike with Taijutsu)
SAs and Flaws
- The Judge - Suiton techniques that clash with Kyōsuke's Katon techniques are treated as a rank less in power (i.e. clash at their normal rank, unless their user has another effect that would increase their power).
- The Jury - Penalties to Kyōsuke's precognition are reduced by up to a tier. This effect consumes 5 Stamina Points if triggered. If this ability is triggered, it lasts until the penalty would end. This ability may be triggered once per topic.
- The Master - Kyōsuke is completely ambidextrous, and can perform completely separate tasks with each hand.
- The Student - Kyōsuke is capable of using one-handed seals.
- The Un-Maker - Kyōsuke emanates an aura whose feel is not unlike that of Sakki (殺気, lit. Killing Intent), whose effects are felt by all those in his presence (so long as they maintain a line of sight).
- The Executioner - The paralysing feeling of Kyōsuke's Sakki-like aura is applicable to as allies as much as it is to foes. It's not a very endearing quality.
- The Torchbearer - Kyōsuke's ambidexterity extends to the functions of his mind, and can cause him to become distracted or to miss key parts of conversation.
[b]Type of Update:[/b]
[b]Total Character Points:[/b]
[b]Active Character Points:[/b]
[b]Unspent Character Points:[/b]