The Naruto RPG

The Naruto Text Based Role Playing Game
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:52 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Below is a walk-through of the character template (below that is the coded format for it, if you would rather copy-paste it and get to work). The walk-through should sufficiently explain each category given in the sheet, though should you find any explanation lacking, make sure to ask a member of Staff about it.

Keep in mind that your character should be as in-theme as possible. Characters that are too far into parody or caricature may be denied. Some exaggeration may be allowed.

Name: Pretty self-explanatory. Put your character's name here.
Height: Put your character's height here.
Weight: Put your character's weight here.
Rank: Put your character's rank here. Reference the Villages thread for information on which ranks are available in the village that you'd like to join.
Faction of Origin: Shinobi, Samurai, Or Monk. Reference this post for the difference between the three.
Village: Once again, reference the Villages thread to check which villages are open for application.
Bloodline/Clan: Should you wish your character to come from a clan, list it here. Be sure to spend the CP to be part of the clan if you do.
Restricted Loan Technique: In case you don't possess a restricted loan technique and wish to have one, you may claim it here, provided it is available. Make sure to list what type of Restricted Technique it is as well. (Item, Status, etc.)
Appearance: Write a short description of how your character looks, what they wear, what they sound like, et cetera here.

History: List here what might be in your character's autobiography. Make sure to reference the Village Records thread so that your character's history is in line with that of the general history of their village of birth or residence.
Personality Traits: List a few traits that might describe your character's personality. This does not have to be incredibly deep; this only needs to be enough to give a reader a general outline of how your character might act.
Face Claim: List the face claim of your character, if you have one.
Theme Song: Again, list music here, if you have something in mind for your character.
Chakra Color: Each individual has a unique chakra color. List yours here.
Nindo: Most shinobi have some general rule of thumb upon which they base their actions and from which their motivations derive. List yours here.
Character Preferences: Here, just list a few bulletin points that describe your character. What do they like? What do they dislike? Do they have any major goals? Are there any values they hold in high esteem? What’s their sexual preference and gender orientation?)
  • This is the first item in the list.
  • This is the second item in the list.
  • This is the third item in the list.
  • This is the fourth item in the list.
Fighting Styles: List all of the Fighting Styles and Crafting Methods that you purchase with your starting CP here.
Attributes: List the tiers that you have purchased for each attribute below.
  • Strength: List the tier that you have purchased for Strength here.
  • Constitution: List the tier that you have purchased for Constitution here.
  • Stamina: List the tier that you have purchased for Stamina here.
  • Reflexes: List the tier that you have purchased for Agility here.
  • Coordination: List the tier that you have purchased for Dexterity here.
  • Wisdom: List the tier that you have purchased for Wisdom here.
Elements: List all of the elements that you have purchased for your character here.

Spent Character Points: List the amount of Character Points that you have spent here. This is primarily for character creation to make it easier to count where you've spent your allotted points. To make things easy, we recommend listing your purchases(Bloodline - 200, Elements - 1000, etc.)
Active Character Points: These are the Character Points spent that count towards your Active Character Point cap. See the Character Points guide in the Rules Section for details on what counts towards this and what doesn't.
Unspent Character Points: Denote any left-over Character Points here.
Total Character Points: This number should be your Active Character Points + your Unspent Character Points.

Special Abilities: You may take an unusual ability that grants you some strange perk, but this must be balanced out by granting yourself an equally-balanced flaw. In theory, this may be anything that your heart desires, but all SAs are subject to approval on a case-by-case basis. If you need help thinking of a Special Ability or a Flaw to balance one out, take a look at other approved character sheets or ask a member of Staff.

Flaws: Here's where you'll list your Flaws.

Might, Will, And Fate Points
Below, you'll decide which of the three categories you'd like to put the 4 MWF points that you are allotted at character creation into.
  • Might: You'll list any Might points that you start with here.
  • Will: You'll list any Will points that you start with here.
  • Fate: You'll list any Fate points that you start with here.

The character sheet template is in the spoiler below.

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] 
[b]Height:[/b] 
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Faction of Origin:[/b] (Shinobi, Samurai, Or Monk)
[b]Village:[/b] (Konoha, Kiri, Kemuri, Kumo, or Suna)
[b]Bloodline/Clan:[/b] (Make sure to purchase with CP)
[b]Restricted Loan Technique:[/b] (Make sure to note what type of restricted loan technique you are receiving. See The Restricted Technique & Loan System for more details.)

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]History:[/b] (What might be in your autobiography.)
[b]Personality Traits:[/b] (List a few adjectives that might describe your character's personality.)
[b]Face Claim:[/b] (If you have one.)
[b]Theme Song:[/b] (If you have one.)
[b]Chakra Color:[/b] (Self-explanatory.)
[b]Nindo:[/b] (Your ninja way)
[b]Character Preferences:[/b] (Here, just list a few bulletin points about your character. What do they like, what do they dislike? Do they have any major goals? Are there any values they hold in high esteem? What’s their sexual preference and gender orientation?)
[list]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

[b]Fighting Styles:[/b]
[b]Attributes:[/b]
[list][*][i]Strength:[/i]
[*][i]Constitution:[/i]
[*][i]Stamina:[/i]
[*][i]Reflexes:[/i]
[*][i]Coordination:[/i]
[*][i]Wisdom:[/i]
[/list]
[b]Elements:[/b]

[b]Spent Character Points:[/b]
[b]Active Character Points:[/b]
[b]Unspent Character Points:[/b]
[b]Total Character Points:[/b]

[b]Special Abilities:[/b] (You may take an unusual or special ability that grants you some strange perk, but this must be balanced out by granting yourself an equally balanced flaw.)

[b]Flaws:[/b]

[b]Might, Will, And Fate Points[/b]
[list]
[*]Might:
[*]Will:
[*]Fate:
[/list]